Azi al'Thone (TV)
|Location||Windsor, ON, Canada|
|Birthday||December 21, 1988|
|Affiliation||San d'ma Shadar|
|Join Date||April 28, 2010|
|Bonded to||Lireina Dormerus t'al`Bearach|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: April 28, 2010
- Joined Tower: October 11, 2010
- Raised Soldier: March 2, 2011
- Aspired to San d'ma Shadar: April 23, 2011
- Raised Gaidin: August 1, 2011
- Department of Marketing Staff: November 3, 2020 - present
- Master of the Watch: July 17, 2012 - May 10, 2016
- Honour Guard for San d'ma Shadar: January 5, 2014 - December 31, 2014
- Integration Survey Hive Mind: September 20, 2013 - October 11, 2013
- Graphics Development Team: October 16, 2010 - April 1, 2013
- Department of Technology Staff: February 22, 2012 - July 17, 2012
- Warder Councillor for San d'ma Shadar: Fall 2011 (October 6 - December 31)
- Creative Articles
- Book Forums Moderator: October 17, 2010 - December 31, 2010
- Tar Valon Times Member Spotlight about Azi al'Thone (February 2012)
- Feastday Award: Spirit of Sunday - 2011
- Keeper's Award: Administrator of the Year - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Recruit Involvement - 2011
- Members' Choice Award: Most Entertaining Board Poster - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Gaidin Involvement - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Most Entertaining In Chat - 2013
- Members' Choice Award: Best Bonded Couple (with Lireina Dormerus t'al`Bearach) - 2013
- Members' Choice Award: Funniest Member - 2013
- Members' Choice Award: Best Use of Puns or Lame Jokes - 2014
- Members' Choice Award: Most Likely to Become Pickled - 2014
- Warder Most Likely to be a Pack Mule at RL Events Award - Annual Green Awards - 2016
- Warder Most Likely To Be A Pack Mule At RL Events Award - Annual Green Awards - 2015
- Warder Most Likely To Be A Pack Mule At RL Events Award - Annual Green Awards - 2014
- Green Umbrella Award - Annual Green Awards - 2014
- Warder Most Likely To Be A Pack Mule At RL Events Award - Annual Green Awards - 2013
- Green Umbrella Award - Annual Green Awards - 2013
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- JordanCon 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- JordanCon 2011 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2012 - New York City, New York, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- JordanCon 2013 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
- Fall Ball 2013 - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA: 5th place in the Amyrlin's Tournament
Senior Member Interview
March 7, 2012
Why did you choose San d'ma Shadar?
Shortly, it's where I felt most at home, really. The guys of SDS spare little for drama, know how to have a good time, and value loyalty and honour. Not only is that what I find in myself, but it's the type of person that I'd like to be. I am always trying to better myself, and I want to do that in a group of people that foster the values I want to hold to.
Do you fit the San d'ma Shadar stereotype? Are you obsessed with the female anatomy? Do you often imbibe copious amounts of alcohol?
Yes and no. I'm kind of burly (lookin' at you, beer gut), and a bit blunt sometimes, and rather fond of the simple things in life - drinking, eating, and having a good time. I love me some ladies, too, but in that area I'm much more private. I've never been a partier, not in school and not now, but when I do party, I like to have a good time, and I enjoy myself some fine brewskis.
How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series? How did you first get into the series?
I have to count now. Longer than Laura and I have been together, certainly. So I think since early 2004? I was in Grade 10 at the time, and my mother and younger brother had brought home two giant boxes of books from a yard sale. We needed to do reading 20 minutes a day during class, so I grabbed the thickest book I could and that just happened to be Eye of the World. It started out a bit rough - Dragonmount is a rough chapter the first time around. But I was hooked since there, and I haven't been bored of the series since. No, not even Winter's Heart or Crossroads of Twilight ;)
Who is your favorite "hero"?
Mat, definitely Mat. He's really damn annoying in the beginning, but his laid-back attitude masks a pragmatic, down-to-earth dude. Plus he's just badass. He can't channel, has no supernatural wolf powers, and yet he still kicks it with the rest of them.
Favorite bad guy/gal?
Probably Ishamael. He's the only one of the Forsaken that didn't join the Dark One for personal power or glory (or at least, not only for that). He is a philosopher and thinks that the Dark One winning is the only eventual solution. That being said, he's pretty messed up in the head, and his character is quite deep and creepy (even just reading EotW prologue).
Favourite book and scene?
I can't answer this. Favourite book is either EotW or TDR. Favourite scene... there's too many to name, but the end scene of TGS was properly awesome. Also, the scene in ToM where Rand approaches Tam again - that one touched me a bit.
If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
A Two Rivers Man under Perrin who is fighting to save his family and loved ones, doing his duty, because otherwise -- we're screwed.
How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I original found TarValon.Net when they did the charity auction for a named character in A Memory of Light. Winning that changed a whole lot in my life - and made me want to go to JordanCon 2010 all that much more. So, while we were there, some nice woman starts chattin' me up at the bar, asking me how I'm enjoying the convention, etc. So she tells me her name is Melissa, and I'm like... I think we exchanged some emails?, etc. etc. Laura and I had drinks and dinner with her and Padra and a few other folks that night.
Later on in the weekend we made fast friends with some dudes named Thom and Erin, and after that it was pretty natural that I signed up at TV.Net to brag about my awesome time at JordanCon, and then do it all again because I had chosen the week the old boards crashed to join :P
What do you do in "real life"?
I'm currently employed as a Software Engineer for a small division of Qualcomm Enterprise Services called Sylectus. We provide online transportation management software, and I won't go further in to that because it's rather boring to anyone else ;)
I'm also a student... and have been for, well... 6 years of post-secondary education. I did a 3 years diploma program at a college in Windsor, and then I decided it would be an amazing idea to get my Bachelor of Computer Science... Honours. :| I figure I'll be done by 2014 or 2015 :\
Do you have any hobbies?
Oh boy... I think I have too many. Video games is one of my earliest hobbies, but that's starting to dwindle now. I just don't have the time for it.
Other hobbies include reading (duh), painting/playing miniature tabletop wargames (Warmachine), rockin' out to tasty licks, and making really dumb jokes.
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Rock, all kinds of rock. Well, except for some new kinds of rock (I feel like I'm getting old). I can't list all the bands I like, but we'll here's a taste of the variety: Muse, The Who, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cake, Tool, The Cars, Bare Naked Ladies, Rush...
What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Star Wars, Wayne's World, Spaceballs. Other than that it's pretty generic :look And I'm not known for having the best taste.
Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I do really enjoy the rest of Brandon Sanderson's work. I also like reading Star Wars novels, and most genre books. I take a long time to read a book though, so I haven't been around all that much :P
What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
... Computer Programmer. Seriously, since I was something like 10 years old, I wanted to be a computer programmer. I didn't even know what they really did, except for work on computers. Video Game dev was also up there.