Calypsa is an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah.
|Join Date||November 16, 2006|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 16, 2006
- Joined Tower: January 3, 2007
- Raised Accepted: April 5, 2007
- Raised Aes Sedai: June 15, 2008
- Sitter for the Red Ajah:
- Fall 2020
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- Spring 2009 (January 1 - May 20)
- Olde Warder and Hen Forum Moderator: January 12, 2016 - July 4, 2016
- Department of Community Outreach Staff: December 14, 2015 - June 14, 2016
- Department of Technology Staff: January 1, 2013 - April 19, 2016
- Director of Administration: May 1, 2013 - January 10, 2016
- Integration Focus Group member: May 1, 2014 - October 18, 2014
- Community Care Coordinator: December 17, 2012 - May 27, 2013
- Admin Meeting Discussion Moderator: October 7, 2012 - December 20, 2012
- Tower Gatekeeper: August 4, 2012 - December 31, 2012
- Merit Badge Focus Group member: July 1, 2010 - March 15, 2011
- Director of Moderators: May 9, 2009 - November 14, 2009
- Heart of the Red Ajah: January 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010
- Manager of General Services: May 12, 2008 - May 1, 2009
- General Forum Moderator: January 24, 2008 - February 6, 2008
- Legal Research Team: October 28, 2007 - May 1, 2013
- Mundane World Forum Moderator: October 9, 2007 - July 1, 2008
- Tar Valon Times Staff: September 16, 2007 - October 2008
- Research Assistant: April 26, 2007 - January 2008
- Classroom Teacher:
- Main Characters: August 2007 - November 2007
- Members' Choice Award: Member You Would Most Like to Meet in Person, but Haven't Yet - 2008
- Extra Bond
- Asandra al'Terra, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Mychael Ritoryn, Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah
- Erin al'Denael, Accepted
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
May 6, 2009
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah?
June 16, 2008
- Why did you choose Red?
Simply put, Red is where my heart is. I am incredibly independent and straightforward, and I believe in strength of mind and character. The Red Ajah truly holds these ideals close, which makes me feel right at home.
- Are you like the Red in the Books?
Like the Reds in the books, I too am an independent woman with strong ideals and a heap of determination.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
As a Citizen I had a good time getting to know other new members and some of the SMs. While a Novice and then as an Accepted, I really enjoyed the ability to not only get to know individuals, but to get to know the membership groups. Honestly, each step was quite a bit of fun.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
Since November 16, 2006.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
Where to start... I have written a couple of articles for the Library, I've served as a Mundane World moderator, I am a member of the legal team, I've served as the General Services Manager, and just very recently I've become the Director of Moderators.
- Should we be scared because you're Red?
Of course not. You should be scared of me, but not because I'm Red.
- How did you get to read the Series?
A friend of mind brought along the first couple of books when we went on vacation, and I realized that I'd either have to join in with the reading or spend most of the vacation alone!
- If Reds could have bonded, do you think you would have?
No, I don't see a need. My Sisters are wonderful and I can't imagine needing anyone else.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
My favorite characters are Moiraine, Aviendha, and Lan. I'd have to choose Andor for favorite nation.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
No, I've never been to any official RL functions though I do get together with the Mitten Crew on occasion.
- What kind of music do you like?
All sorts! Pretty much anything besides rap, country, and blues.
- What are your favorite movies?
Fly Away Home, the LotR trilogy, Mulan, Rush Hour, The Rock, older Bond flicks...
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
My life is rather uneventful on that side, so I don't really have a good story to share.
- What job do you have?
I work in Regulatory Affairs.
- Do you have a pet?
- What languages do you speak?
English and I can get by in French and Spanish.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Up until mid-way through university, I wanted to be a veterinarian.
- Elaida or Pevara?
- Shadar Logoth or Manetheren?
Manetheren (I like light and brightness, what can I say?)
- Roses or Lilies?
- Dogs or cats?
- A short bio about yourself.
I've been married for going on five years and live with my husband, cats, and dog in the Midwestern US. In my free time I love to garden and cook.