|Location||Western NY State, USA|
|Affiliation||Aspirant of the Red Ajah|
|Join Date||January 21, 2008|
|Bonded to||Dnae Ila|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 21, 2008
- Joined Tower: May 3, 2008
- Raised Accepted: December 31, 2008
- Aspired to the Brown Ajah: April 6, 2009
- Raised Aes Sedai: November 24, 2009
- Demoted to Accepted: July 1, 2017
- Aspired to the White Ajah: September 23, 2017
- Raised Aes Sedai: September 29, 2018
- Left the White Ajah: September 1, 2022
- Aspired to the Red Ajah: February 16, 2023
- Copywriting Editor: January 3, 2023 - present
- Sitter for the White Ajah:
- White Ajah Soul:
- February 19, 2020 - April 26, 2020
- January 1, 2018 - August 15, 2018
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah:
- Chat Operator: April 16, 2014 - September 2, 2014
- Classroom Teacher:
- Introduction to Crochet: April 2012 - August 2012
- Outreach Activities Team: January 15, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- Merit Minion: February 19, 2011 - May 17, 2011
- Tar Valon Times Staff:
- Members' Choice Award: Professor's Guild - Most Educating - 2011
- Feastday Award: Spirit of Shaoman - 2010
- Satara al'Caelahn, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
- Jolyne Calliandre, former member
- Eli Soljourn, former Soldier
- Veriendha ti al'Riaha, Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Tower Sworn Interview
Added March 5, 2019
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
- How did you first get into the series?
I found The Eye of the World at a book fair when I worked in the library at my high school during my senior year in 2003-2004. I gave it to my mum for Christmas that year, and then wound up reclaiming it when she wanted to send it to a book donation sale at the city library. Then I found the second and the fourth books at our old WaldenBooks store before Borders went out, and Mum bought the rest of the series for me for Christmas that year. After that, I got the remaining books for Christmas, and Towers of Midnight was the last book I was able to buy at WaldenBooks before the store permanently closed.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
There are so many!
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
I've got to reread the series to answer that effectively.....
- Favorite book and scene?
It's been years since I did a reread of the whole series but my favorite scene is when Egwene is living with the Aiel and is getting ready to bathe herself with lavender soap she was able to somehow acquire. It reminds her of home and is something she's been looking forward to all day, and then she's summoned to take a sweat bath with the Wise Women. That scene says a lot, especially reading it as an anthropologist who has worked with other cultures and roughed it. Something as simple as a bar of lavender soap is such a huge reminder of civilization and one's own background. When you've been living out of a covered wagon for two weeks and the first week was nothing but rain and mud and being cold, a bar of soap and a proper bath means a lot.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Wisdom in the Two Rivers.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become Tower Sworn?
I wanted to find out when the last books were coming out and did an internet search before the days of Google. I became a novice right after the Black Tower takeover in 2008. That means the Tower and the books have been a huge part of my entire adult life. Wow.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a medical anthropologist. I've done everything from peer work in mental health nonprofits to writing food policies for tribal governments. Right now I'm investigating a career in social work and grief counseling and am talking with schools about their programs. I also manage New York State's first cultural resource management firm for addressing cemetery issues in fiscally struggling rural communities.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I study cemeteries & own a knitwear venue called Holland Ellicott Knitwear.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
My radio station is permanently set to classical music. However, when I have to drive home after second shift I won't say no to classic rock or country.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Supernatural, Star Trek (not Deep Space Nine), Beauty and the Beast (the remake tv show), the BBC Farm series, Time Team, Sanctuary, MK Ultra (YouTube).
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Anything cultural anthropology, history, & archaeology; astrophysics. I like true adventure stuff these days.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?