From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||November 13, 2007|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 13, 2007
- Joined Tower: April 7, 2008
- Raised Accepted: September 2, 2008
- Aspired to the White Ajah: October 16, 2008
- Raised Aes Sedai: June 13, 2009
- White Ajah Cookbook Coordinator: ??? - Present
- Sitter for the White Ajah: Spring 2015
- White Ajah Historian: February 2011 - July 11, 2012
- Heart of the White Ajah: July 1, 2010 - January 1, 2011
- Soul of the White Ajah: January 29, 2009 - June 6, 2009
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Winter Euro Party 2009 - Skipton, Yorkshire, England
Senior Member Interview
July 8, 2009
- Why did you choose White?
They embodied all the qualities of the other Ajahs perfectly for me. They're great ladies, the perfect balance of fun and commonsense. And logical, I can identify with that.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
I can be a bit cool and reserved till you get to know me, so maybe there are resemblances.
- Are you like a rock and have a serene face all the time?
Mostly (except when I get the giggles)
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
Enjoyed being a Citizen, had a lot of fun as a Novice, took it all very seriously as Accepted.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
Since November 2007
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I've worked on a cookbook for the White Ajah, been their Soul for a while and have volunteered to help with archiving for the Dept of Communications.
- How did you get to read the Series?
Found Book Two in the library, couldn't follow it at all. A couple of years later, I found Book One on sale and haven't stopped reading the series since (I get to the end of the latest volume then start all over again).
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Lan (he's such a dish) & the Aiel
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Went to Winter Euro 2009, just loved it. It was even worth the cold weather. Fantastic being able to put the names to faces, I got to meet two of my fellow Whites (*hugs both of them*), everyone's great and make sure you're okay and having a good time.
- What kind of music do you like?
- What are your favorite movies?
Star Wars; Dirty Dancing; Bridget Jones' Diary; Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter ... . Bit of a mixture, there.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Er, better not say *blushes*
- What job do you have?
- Do you have a pet?
Only my Lovely Man
- What languages do you speak?
English, smattering of Welsh and French (and I can order a Big Mac in German)
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
- Randland or our world?
Randland. I'm an escapist.
- Alviarin or Seaine?
- Books or movies?
Books, every time.
- Candles or lamps?
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm a short, middle-aged (but not in my head) grandmother, a motorbike fantatic, a great cook, my other hobbies include going on diets (result of the cooking) and travel.
And my only claim to fame is that I'm distantly related to Charles Darwin.