Mara Jade t'Bayana
From Tar Valon Library
|Mara Jade t'Bayana|
|Join Date||July 14, 2004|
|Bonded to||D`Ran al'Fir|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: 14 July 2004
- Joined Tower: 25 December 2004
- Raised Accepted: 23 April 2005
- Raised Aes Sedai: 4 April 2006
- Liveliest Debater - 2009
- Bonded to
- D`Ran al'Fir since 23 April 2008
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah?
I don't remember. At least two years ago I think.
- Why did you choose Yellow?
I liked their laid back attitude, and felt it matched well with my own. I also like how many fellow pagan enthusiasts there are in the Ajah.
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books?
No. Except that I can be arrogant sometimes.
- Do you care for people and love to heal things?
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I enjoyed my time at every level of the Tower. I feel like I managed to get everything I could out of the experience and then move on, it worked out well for me.
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I was a radio DJ for quite a while until that program was dissolved, I also worked as an Ajah Rep for IRC activities until that position was dissolved. I currently moderate in IRC, and have been considering making a return on the new monthly podcast and/or with a column in the TVT.
- How did you get to read the Series?
My husband (then just a friend) told me I should really read them.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I am not currently bonded, but will be in the near future.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
I have had mentee's in the past, but I don't believe they are still active, or they have moved up in rank.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
My favorite character in the books is Egwene. I started off hating her, but she has truly taken her life's lessons to heart and pushed herself far beyond what she first thought she was capable of. I truly respect that in a person.
My favorite nation... That's harder, as I think there are things to love about all of them. I always enjoyed the descriptions of Shienar, Arad Doman and Ebou Dar though.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I have not attended any Tower functions. I have attended functions based around a similar site, with many TV members in attendance, and I loved it!
- What kind of music do you like?
I'll listen to most things. I'm a big fan of Alternative rock, folk and neo-folk, classic rock, riot grrl, and acoustic metal.
- What are your favorite movies?
Clerks, Dogma, Mallrats, Lord of the Rings, King Kong, The Matrix, V For Vendetta, Bound, Super Troopers, Dodgeball, Evolution, The Pick of Destiny, Little Miss Sunshine, Wedding Crashers, Star Trek, Star Wars
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Flew to Dublin, Ireland for St. Patrick's Day without having a place to stay.
- What job do you have?
I'm an independent contractor with a pet care business. But I'm looking for a "real job."
- Do you have a pet?
Yes, one cat.
- What languages do you speak?
English, and un pocito espanol.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Anything with lots of free time mostly.
- Min or Aviendha?
They're both cool.
- Sword or Spear?
- Candy or Cookies?
- Clothing or Make up?
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm 23, and in an open/swinger marriage. We just moved back to California at the end of August. Planning to go to UC Davis asap, applied to CSU Sacramento for the interim. I'm ready to be done with school, but I still think I'm going to get my MA so I can get a job as a professor at some little junior college and figure out a cause or two I can take up. I know I could never really be happy in the business world, and am too outspoken to work for people who don't have a worldview that coincides somewhat with my own, it makes the University system very appealing. Having found my partner in life, my mind has mostly turned to what I want to accomplish as an individual, and it seems as tho the same is true for him. I'm looking forward to the future. My latest enterprise is a website my friend Suzanne and I am starting, http://genuinewomen.org And we now have a Myspace group, so check us out!