From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyyri Moran
She is slender, with a thick, grey braided hair (TEotW, Ch. 2).
She is best cook in Emond's Field, famous for her crusty bread loaves (TEotW, Ch. 2).
- Offers Rand and Mat honeycakes when they come into the Inn (TEotW, Ch. 2).
- She takes care of Tam, Rand's father, after Trollocs attack Rand's farm and Emond's Field (TEotW, Ch. 8).
- She and Bran inform Perrin that his family was killed by Trollocs (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Takes Perrin, Faile, Loial, Chiad, Bain, and Gaul to the old sickhouse to hide (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Gives Perrin over to Verin Sedai and Alanna Sedai. They tell her that she did the right thing (TSR, Ch. 31).
- She takes care of Perrin when he is wounded. She tries to keep him in bed, but he convinces her and Faile that he is all right (TSR, Ch. 43).
- She and the rest of the Women's Circle marry Perrin and Faile (TSR, Ch. 54).
- Fights to protect the children when Emond's Field is attacked again by Trollocs (TSR, Ch. 56).
She treats Rand like a son (TEotW, Ch. 2).
Her motherliness extends to the young men in Emond's Field (TEotW, Ch. 2).
"You have to know when to rein them short," the older woman replied absently, "and when there's nothing to do but give them their head. Letting them have their way when it isn't important makes it easier to check them when it is." She was frowning after Cenn, not really paying attention to what she was saying, except maybe when she added, "And some should be tied in the stall and left there." (The Shadow Rising, Chapter 30).
She was one of the few married women in the area who never tried to play matchmaker with Tam. Toward Rand her motherliness extended to warm smiles and a quick snack whenever he came by the inn, but she did as much for every young man in the area. If she occasionally looked at him as if she wanted to do more, at least she took it no further than looks, for which he was deeply grateful (The Eye of the World, Chapter 2).