From Tar Valon Library
|Location||Western NY State|
|Title||Outreach Activities Team|
|Join Date||January 21, 2008|
|Bonded to||Not bonded|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 21, 2008
- Joined Tower: May 3, 2008
- Raised Accepted: December 31, 2008
- Raised Aes Sedai: November 24, 2009
- Sitter of the Brown Ajah: January 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah: April 21, 2011 - June 30, 2011
- Merit Minion: February 19, 2011 - May 17, 2011
- TVT Reporter: July 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Creative Articles
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
December 6, 2011
- Why did you choose Brown?
I chose Brown because I wanted to be a Brown sister from the moment I read the books! Also, those of you who have interacted with me know that I am very Brown in RL.
- Are you like the Browns in the books?
I do think I'm like the Browns in the books--frumpy, a bit scattered--and I have been told repeatedly by my classmates that they are amazed at how much such a small woman like me can regurgitate on any given subject!
- Do you love books and do you daydream a lot?
I love books and learning, and my friends in RL are sometiems a bit intimidated by how intense I can get when there's studying to be done. In class discussions I oftn have a tendency to come up with a completely different approach to a question that sometimes stumps others. If I am trying to find a particular piece of information, I become almost obsessive about it. And of course I have a tendency to daydream--what college student doesn't?
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
- How did you first get into the series?
I discovered EotW at a book sale in the library I worked in while in my senior year of high school.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
- Favorite book and scene?
EotW--where Rand experiences culture shock visiting all those cities. I'm a country person myself, so I can definitely connect to that.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
An Aes Sedai who spends an incredible amount of time with her nose in a research project.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I wanted to find out when A Memory of Light was going to be published. I loved the very real feeling of the site and the idea that other individuals here weren't just user names with fancy trumped up avatars that were their minds' eye image of themselves......These were real people who were genuinely happy to be here.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a museum worker (I've worked in five museums in my time), and a student trying to earn a graduate degree in history/anthropology.
- Do you have any hobbies?
My living spaces are always littered with yarn and patterns. I have a tendency to raid the local yarn shops on pay day.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
My favourite tv shows are Remington Steele, Once Upon a Time, Pan Am, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek, Farscape.....basically anything that's not too intense and has a good plot that makes you think. As for movies, I love the adventure yarns, but I also grew up watching all the old MGM musicals (especially Rogers and Hammerstein).
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I recently discovered Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series. Normally I will not touch romance with a ten-foot pole, but this series doesn't really hit you over the head with it. Besides, it's got a yarn shop in the middle of it.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a writer, and I suppose I still am. Except now it's mostly academia, and my fiction writing has, erm, kind of decreased in quality since going to university.