|Location||Portland, Oregon, USA|
|Birthday||January 31, 1986|
|Join Date||February 26, 2003|
|Bonded to||Anigrel Tavadon & Ty al'Djinn|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Rejoined TarValon.Net: April 15, 2010
- Joined Tower: June 28, 2010
- Raised Accepted: September 30, 2010
- Aspired to the Green Ajah: November 11, 2010
- Raised Aes Sedai: March 4, 2011
- Joined TarValon.Net: February 26, 2003
- Raised Accepted: May 10, 2003
- Aspired to the Blue Ajah: May 12, 2003
- Raised Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah: September 2003
- Retired: January 2010
- Chat Operator: April 4, 2018 - present
- Director of Marketing: April 22, 2017 - August 6, 2018
- Head of the Green Ajah: January 1, 2017 - June 20, 2017
- Sitter for the Green Ajah: Fall 2016 (October 1 - December 31)
- Current Events Forum Moderator:
- April 1, 2013 - September 30, 2013
- January 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011
- January 1, 2010 - January 21, 2010
- Archiving Minion: April 20, 2011 - November 18, 2011
- Merit Minion: February 17, 2011 - September 2011
- Graphics Development Team: July 14, 2010 - August 31, 2011
- Chat Operator: 2004 - January 20, 2010
- Heart of the Blue Ajah:
- November 2009 - January 2010
- April 16, 2007 - October 2007
- October 13, 2005 - March 2006
- Director of Communications: November 23, 2008 - November 2009
- Online Events Team: February 7, 2008 - January 7, 2009
- Sitter for the Blue Ajah: Fall 2008
- Mistress of the Kitchens: November 15, 2003 - April 11, 2004
- Event Logos: Anniversary Party 2004, 2008, 2009
- Library Editor
- Tar Valon Times Member Spotlight about Ninya Evoneigh (July 2010)
- Amyrlin's Award: Unsung Servant - 2008
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Aes Sedai Spirit - 2009
- Members' Choice Award: Most Artistic Member - 2012
- Members' Choice Award: Most Artistic Member - 2018
- Most Humorous Green Award - Annual Green Awards - 2017
- Egwene Award - Annual Green Awards - 2017
- Green You Want At Your Side At Tarmon Gai'don Award - Annual Green Awards - 2016
- Alanna Award - Annual Green Awards - 2016
- Bonded to Anigrel Tavadon, Gaidin of San d'ma Shadar: July 3, 2017 - present
- Bonded to Ty al'Djinn, Gaidin of San d'ma Shadar: March 18, 2018 - present
- Bonded to Derrin Covayende, Gaidin of Val'Cueran: October 9, 2003 - January 2, 2007
- Bonded to Jeryn Lekar, Gaidin of Mahdi'in d'ma Dieb: January 9, 2008 - January 22, 2010
- Eva Wartooth, Accepted
- Amira Coriande, Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah
- Mirshann Uuranor t'al'Theorem, Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah
- Ann al'Rahien, former member
- Rina Aragon, former member
- Dierna Salinne
Other Tower Relationships
- First-sister to Ilissa al'Nari, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- First-sister to Vallah al'Dera, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah
- Anniversary Party 2004 - Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Fall Ball 2004 - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2018 - Gooding, Idaho, USA
Why did you choose Green?
I was originally in the Blue Ajah, as my profile shows. I enjoyed my time there, and I still feel I have a strong Blue streak. I did end up taking a break from the site for personal reasons, however, and while I was gone I was able to get a grip on who I am as a person, what I expect from life, and how I wanted to obtain it.
When I came back and could guest, I was impressed with the Green Ajah's general ability to 'handle it.' If life threw them lemons, they squared up, squared off, and dealt with it. They were supportive without being enabling, friendly without being smothering. They encouraged me (and everyone else) to fight my own battles and achieve my own goals on my own terms and in my own time. Even though I was still struggling with how to do that at the time, I knew that that was an environment I wanted to be in. So here I am!
Are you like the Greens in the books? Do you like to have fun with men? Are you a fierce warrior?
I like to have fun with all kinds of people, in all kinds of ways. :) And I am indeed a fierce warrior. Rawr!
Do you have a favorite Green Ajah character from the novels?
Egwene has always been my favorite character, hands down.
How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since I was 9...which would be 22 years now.
How did you first get into the series?
My brother had a sample copy of The Eye of the World (you know, the one that ends as the wonderkids are approaching Shadar Logoth...?) and he loaned it to me when I was really little. I devoured it, and wanted to read more, but mom wouldn't let me. So...as soon as I was "old enough" I finished reading the series, and have been hooked ever since.
Who is your favorite "hero"?
Egwene for sure.
Favorite bad guy/gal?
I actually really like Lanfear. She's the only person who didn't join the Shadow out of vindictive greed or envy, and it really shows sometimes.
Favorite book and scene?
I have two. SPOILERS AHEAD!
First- Lord of Chaos, when Nynaeve Heals Logain. It's just so amazingly well-written. Second- The Gathering Storm, towards the end, when Rand goes to the top of Dragonmount and makes peace with himself.
If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Oh man! So hard to choose! I think given the chance I would be an Aes Sedai, and proudly. However, if no one ever found me but I had the ability I would be a village Wisdom. If I couldn't channel, I would absolutely be an Eyes and Ears agent. I am far too inquisitive and like to know what's going on to ever turn such an opportunity down.
How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I originally found the Tower while looking for a new online RPG to join. At the time there was a chatroom attached to the forums, and I made friends with some people in there. From there...well...I am ambitious and I like to know what's going on. Becoming a Senior Member was just something that was going to happen no matter what, once I got 'hooked'. When I left, I came back because I missed the community, and I became an SM for the same reason I became one the first time. Plus...it just felt weird not being one, after being one for so long!
What do you do in "real life"?
I'm Creative Services Manager for a consulting firm that serves global corporations. My company tells them how to do their job better, and my team designs the communications that do the telling, as well as marketing material and other fun things. I really enjoy my work. :)
Do you have any hobbies?
I have SO many hobbies. Most of them are creative, and vary from fine arts (drawing and painting with traditional media and photoshop, sculpting, etc) to crafts (beading, knitting, sewing, puppet making), to whatever random thing I feel like doing. One of my primary hobbies right now is writing, both in the WoT fandom and my own original work.
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I'm one of "those people" - I like all kinds of music. But the thing is, I really do like all kinds of music. It's constantly playing, and what I listen to changes depending on my mood. Have to say I'm not really a huge fan of metal, opera, or bluegrass/folksie kind of stuff.
What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I am a closet fan of Law & Order: SVU...I also like Babylon 5, Stargate SG:1, Game of Thrones, and Once Upon a Time. For movies...I like good fantasy flicks, romance, adventure, and I pretty much love every animated Disney and/or Pixar movie ever made (barring sequels, because they're terrible). I'm not a fan of comedy, please don't force me. :P
Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Brandon Sanderson's novels (surprised? Didn't think so). Tamora Pierce's novels. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Z Bradley). Lady of the Forest (Jennifer Roberson). Lots...and lots...and LOTS...of books.
What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I've always wanted to be an artist, so I'm not sure that counts.
Most random profession I wanted to have, however? Astronaut. Yeah, with the eight times I failed at Algebra before finally passing, that is so totally not going to happen. ;)