From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||February 4, 2006|
|Link to Forum Profile|
<< Back to White Aes Sedai
- Joined TarValon.Net: February 4, 2006
- Joined Tower: April 4, 2006
- Raised Accepted: July 28, 2006
- Aspired White
- Raised Aes Sedai: March 3, 2007
- Current Events Forum Moderator: January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
- Sitter for the White Ajah:
- Spring 2011
- Fall 2011
- Education and Employment Forum Moderator: April 15, 2011 - June 30, 2011
- Professors Guild Guildmistress: July 1, 2010 - April 15, 2011
- Head of the White Ajah: December 4, 2007 - June 26, 2009
- Heart of the White Ajah: July 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
- Soul of the White Ajah: October 1, 2006 - March 31, 2007
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Creative Articles
- Classroom Teacher
- Talents with the One Power: November 2006 - February 2007
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Senior Member Interview
February 14, 2008
- Why did you choose White?
I have been drawn to the White Ajah ever since I was a Citizen. The Whites were the ones who welcomed me and interacted most with me on the site. The White Ajah here at TV.net is known for its logic and unity, but also for its sense of humor. That is one thing I love about the Ajah is the ability to laugh together. The White Ajah is also quite diverse and accepting of diversity in others. White light, as shown through a prism, refracts into all the colors of the rainbow and all the colors of the Ajahs. Although I had considered some other Ajahs, I continued to find myself drawn to White and am happy to call the White Ajah my home. :D
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
No, not at all. I am not cold, but smile and laugh a lot. I am known by my Sisters in the White Ajah, and others who have met me IRL for my silliness.
- Are you like a rock and have a serene face all the time?
Absolutely not :lol
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I enjoyed being a Citizen, flitting around and getting to know people. I LOVED being a Novice and an Accepted. I loved being able to take classes, engage in dorm pranks and support other Novices and Accepted. A large group of us one time created the Hamsterati while in the dorms and ran around as Novices and Accepted with our avi heads on hamster bodies. We are still very close. Some of my best memories so far at TV.net are from my time in the Dorms. :D
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I am the current Head of the White Ajah! As an Aspirant of the White Ajah, I acted as Soul of the White Ajah. In this position I was a liaison for Guesting Accepted, a point of contact for Contribution ideas, and a point of contact for any issues, concerns or questions. I really enjoyed this role. I have contributed to the Library: Channeling Attitudes Across Cultures and Groups and have still one outstanding article on the Children of the Light from their perspective. I also have taught classes on Weaves and Talents. I have gone to several informal RL events, and still have a goal to go to Anni, Fall Ball and D*Con some day as money allows :D
- How did you get to read the Series?
In 1995, my neighbor's husband found out I was a Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan and he bequeathed to me his copy of the Eye of the World. I was hooked! I read voraciously through Lord of Chaos until I realized the sad truth...I was hereafter going to have to wait for each novel to be published!
I would wait with great anticipation, sometimes 2 years or longer before I could read the next in the series. At some point, in about February of 2006 I finally realized I was a fan :lol It was then that I came across Dragonmount which led me on my journey to RJ's blog and to membership at TV.net.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I am not bonded and it is likely I may not bond. Few members of the White Ajah do bond, although we are able to bond.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
Senn Onadaen is my Mentee. She is wonderful, but hasn't been as active as she would like.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Nynaeve is probably my favorite character. I love her spunk, independence and attitude.
The Aiel have to be my favorite nation or group :D
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I have been to informal RL functions and really enjoy spending time with people from the site. It is great to put a face to the name and have a shot of Goldschlager together :lol I especially love a night of bad Karaoke and good food :D
- What kind of music do you like?
I am somewhat of a metal head. I like rock-n-roll, heavy metal, hair metal and alternative rock.
- What are your favorite movies?
I love old movies, comedies, foreign films and anything good that's not too depressing.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Probably jump down a flight of stairs while sober, only to smash my head through the ceiling plaster, hit my forehead on a beam and smash to the concrete floor below. I ended up incapacitated for a week with a broken tailbone. If I had been drinking, I probably would've been more relaxed when I landed.
- What job do you have?
I am an Assistant Director for a social work agency working with individuals with developmental disabilities. At night, I am a Psychology Instructor for a local community college.
- Do you have a pet?
I have two large, furry cats and two adopted bunny rabbits.
- What languages do you speak?
Español, Deutsch, English
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be an actress :D
- Randland or our world?