From Tar Valon Library
Author: Toral Delvar
Sharina is a Murandian grandmother who comes to the Salidar Aes Sedai to be a novice, following Egwene's announcement that the novice book is open to able women of all ages (TPoD, Ch. 30). Her potential is even stronger than Nynaeve and some Aes Sedai think her potential may be the maximum possible for any woman (CoT, Ch. 17). She is dignified, gray-haired, and wears her hair in a bun (CoT, Ch. 17). Although she started channeling late in life, she will still slow, will start to look younger and regress into apparent middle age (Robert Jordan's Blog, Monday Dec 19th 2005). This process has already begun, as Romanda notes that Sharina seems to have fewer lines around her eyes (KoD, Ch. 23).
- She joins the Salidar Aes Sedai as a novice (TPoD, Ch. 30).
- Egwene sees her keeping an eye on the novices (CoT, Ch. 17).
- The novices are still keen to avoid angering her when the rebels are camped outside Tar Valon (KoD, Ch. 23).
- When Ashmanaille tells the Hall that Elaida has Traveling, Sharina approaches Siuan to tell her that Ashmanaille first brought the news to Lelaine and that Lelaine let the news slip to a group of novices (This passage needs a reference).
- There is a Sharina Sedai mentioned in Nynaeve's third vision during her Accepted Test (TGH, Ch. 23), which causes Nynaeve to be greatly disturbed when she learns that there is a new novice named Sharina (WH, Ch. 10). It is not clear if there is any connection.
- She organizes the novices into families, disgusted at the chaos the Aes Sedai have allowed (CoT, Ch. 17).
- She only has to raise a finger and novices obey her (CoT, Ch. 17).
- Romanda is against Sharina being allowed to remain until she learns that Sharina has ability with the new Healing, at which Romanda starts to reconsider (KoD, Ch. 23).
- Egwene feels that Sharina intimidates Tiana (CoT, Ch. 17) and that she has too much influence over her (KoD, Ch. 23).
- Sharina discourages novices from stepping into the mud just to give Aes Sedai more room (KoD, Ch. 23).
- She is a strong supporter of Egwene, as she wishes very much to complete her training (TGS, Ch. 18).
"Sharina is simply who she is. Light, you can't allow a novice to intimidate you" (Egwene to Tiana, Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 17).
"Sharina isn't only well-behaved, she is showing great skill with Nynaeve's new way of Healing" (Tiana to Romanda (Knife of Dreams, Chapter 23).
"My reward will be Egwene Sedai's return, Siuan Sedai. Pray it be swift. She entangled our fate with her own the moment she took us in. After what I've seen and what I've felt, I have no intention of stopping my training" (To Siuan, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 18).