From Tar Valon Library
|Birthday||March 17, 1989|
|Join Date||March 10, 2002|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 10, 2002
- Joined Tower: March 10, 2002
- Raised Accepted: March 17, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: August 21, 2006
- Tower Voice: November 24, 2009 - August 24, 2011
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah: July 1, 2007 - December 31, 2007
- Brown Ajah Mind: Unknown
Other Tower Relationships
- Engaged to Caedmon Bede (citizen)
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Brown?
I am Brown. I know that's a cop-out answer but that's why! I just feel like I fit there.
- Are you like the Browns in the books? Do you love books and have a tendency to daydream?
I would say I'm like the Browns in the books in the sense that I do love books, and I daydream (and talk to myself) all the time! But I'm a lot more outgoing (although I still wouldn't call myself "outgoing") than the book Browns in the sense that I like to get out and have a good time on occasion. Really, I think the way I am most like book Browns is that I love knowledge... whether it's going to an actual class or just browsing Wikipedia for hours, I want to know everything, about everything. I have a thirst for it.
- Do you have a favorite Brown Ajah character from the novels?
Verin. Oh yes.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I started reading WoT when I was in sixth grade. It was a long time ago, we'll just leave it at that!
- How did you first get into the series?
My mom got me the "Young Adult" versions of Eye of the World, and from then on I was hooked.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Moiraine for the first few and Rand for the first six-ish books, then Mat, now Rand again for the last couple. I'm indecisive, obviously.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
- Favorite book and scene?
I like Lord of Chaos (which is how my fiancé proposed to me, but that's another story!). As for a favorite scene... the Battle of Dumai's Wells was pretty intense. I liked Falme, too, in the Great Hunt. It's so hard for me to pick just one!
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
If I wasn't a Brown Aes Sedai (which is my first choice, of course!), I would want to be a Cairhienian noble. Daes Dae'mar fascinates me!
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found TV.Net through a link on Dragonmount when I was 12. I waited to join until the day I turned 13- well, that was the plan, but I actually could only wait til a week before. I had a long journey to SM... it took me two years to be raised to Accepted (again, on my birthday- seems to be a theme!), and another two years to be raised to Aes Sedai. I had to take a few extended-LoAs, but every time I couldn't help but coming back because I loved the community and family I found within my Ajah and the site as a whole.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm currently a full-time student for another five weeks, when I will be receiving my Bachelors in Accounting and Accounting Information Systems. I work part-time for the Department of Defense right now, and I'll be starting full-time there once I graduate. Eventually I might go on to get my Masters but... we'll approach that at a later date, I think, because I also have to plan a wedding! My fiancé (who I convinced to start reading WoT, of course!) and I are planning our wedding for May 4, 2013- International Star Wars Day. It's all very exciting ^_^
- Do you have any hobbies?
I love video games (mostly RPGs and Assassin's Creed and old school platformers, but I'll try almost anything), shoes (lots of them!), bowling (I was state-ranked back in high school), tennis, and most of all traveling! The more and further away I can travel, the happier I am.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I love almost all music, but if I had to pick a favorite band right now it would be tied between The Fray and Adele. I am a pretty big fan of Beyoncé, Shakira, and Pitbull, and I love musicals and opera. So basically, like I said before, almost anything.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Star Wars (the original trilogy of course)! I don't watch too much tv but some of my current favorite shows are Star Trek: TNG, Say Yes to the Dress, and The IT Crowd.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I love the Kushiel's Legacy trilogy by Jacqueline Carey, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, The Riftwar Saga by Ramond E. Feist, almost anything by Bill Bryson, lots of historical fiction, and lots of other books. I like books.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I think it went from mermaid to pizza maker to doctor to architect to opera singer to actuary to accountant to program analyst, which is what I'm doing now. I like it, but if I get an offer as a mermaid... I don't think I could pass it up.