From Tar Valon Library
|Title||Director of Community Outreach|
|Join Date||March 16, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
Formerly known at Triste al’Rotture.
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 16, 2004
- Joined Tower: July 12, 2004
- Raised Accepted: October 23, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: May 16, 2005
- Director of Community Outreach: June 2, 2012 - present
- Servants of All Planning Committee member: August 2010 - present
- Membership Activities Coordinator: February 24, 2012 - June 2, 2012
- Community Fundraising Coordinator: August 2010 - June 2, 2012
- Archiving Minion: April 21, 2011 - November 18, 2011
- Heart of the Green Ajah: July 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Merit Badge Focus Group: July 1, 2010 - March 15, 2011
- Mistress of Games: February 13, 2006 - May 31, 2007
- Heart of the Green Ajah: January 1, 2008 - July 3, 2008
- Tar Valon Times Articles
- Classroom Teacher
- TV.Net Ajahs - Green: July 2012 - August 2012
- 2010 Unsung Servant
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Fall Ball 2004 - Alburqurque, New Mexico, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fall Ball 2010 - Washington, DC, USA
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Anniversary Party 2010 - Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
Senior Member Interview
May 16, 2010
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
I joined in February or March of 2004, so just over 6 years now.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
Fun. I was a lot more spammy back then. We played some decent pranks to on our MoNsta Shyana but she was always a good sport about it. I also remember mucking, and running amuck in the stables.
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah?
June 2005 I believe.
- Why did you choose Green?
Well aside from several green Aes Sedai calling me and saying I was their’s... it was just the right fit. I am passionate about things and just generally a strong person. I dunno, I am green. Where else would I belong?
- Do you like to party, love men and are you a sucker for fashion and make up?
Do I like to party: yeah, less than I used to, but thats probably a good thing. Men... are alright. But I also love to hate them. I read Vanity Fair more than Vogue and have a drawer literally full of eye shadow- but... I shop for the bargain more than the label and only wear make up two or three days a week on average.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
No bonded. Never bonded. Never planning to bond.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I post... there are other things, but.. thats the basics.
- How did you get to read the Series?
I was at work and forgot the book I was reading at the time. I was desperate for a book because I was working a really boring job at the time. This was about 2002... a coworker loaned my their copy of Eye Of the World.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
I do not have any current mentee’s but have had 4 previously. Aria, Murasaki, Blu and Kerowyn who recently just rejoined the tower. Four exceptionally different and fascinating women who I was pleased to get to know.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Nynaeve has grown on me, and Mat of course. Nation... I dunno... Shienar?
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Yes, several. They couldn’t have been too bad since I keep going. Its fun to meet some people and generally its a safe environment to drink too much and have fun. I always end up way too drunk anyway.
- What kind of music do you like?
Lots. Honestly anything that doesn’t suck. I don’t like most of whats on the radio, so I am exceptionally picky about what sucks and what doesn’t.
- What are your favorite movies?
A Love Song For Bobby Long, Eternal Sunshine, Garden State, Wes Anderson Films = <3
- What job do you have?
- Do you have a pet?
Yes. We have a cat, Siamese, his name is Chai.
- What languages do you speak?
English is the only language that I am fluent in- at all. In June I am beginning intensive Spanish courses though and I am hoping to become fluent in spanish (to start) as I am planning graduate work in South America.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I never really had a plan. I new I didn’t want to be a pilot or a doctor or a vet or a rockstar or anything. Although I will admit I like musical theater... a lot.
- Elayne or Cadsuane?
- Aiel or Atha'an Miere?
Atha’an Miere; even if I do get seasick- they have the right idea about wearing cloths... don’t.
- Winter or summer?
- Day or night?
- A short bio about yourself.
I like to sleep and night and do stuff in the day. I was born in the early 80’s in California, San Diego. I developed a quick love for sunshine, citrus fruit and sandy beaches. Then I came to Washington- where it is cold, rainy, miserable, the citrus fruit stinks and the beaches are often rock covered. Here, I am getting old. I took a long break from school- and did some crazy and well... stupid things. I regret none of it. I am back in school now. I am getting older. I am addicted to my heater blanket, I like beer but need to try to remember that it is a beverage not a hobby. I no longer even read WoT books, but stay at TarValon.net cause I have good friends here.