From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||November 1, 2002|
|Bonded to||Alanar Tansden & Sean al'Dragoran|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 1, 2002
- Joined Tower: November 1, 2002
- Raised Accepted: January 7, 2003
- Raised Aes Sedai: February 15, 2003
- Amyrlin Seat: March 30, 2012 - present
- Amyrlin in Training: May 26, 2011 - March 30, 2012
- Merit Minion: February 17, 2011 - May 17, 2011
- Director of the Department of Moderators - November 14, 2009 - June 27, 2011
- Soul of the Blue Ajah - November 3, 2009 - July 1, 2010
- Tower Historian - December 10, 2008 - December 2009
- Director of Membership - June 29, 2006 - November 24, 2008
- Head of the Blue Ajah - September 8, 2004 - July 10, 2006
- Chat Operator: September 8, 2004 - unknown
- Heart of the Blue Ajah - July 2003 - September 2004
- Conference Coordinator - March 2004 - September 8, 2004
- Library Editor: October 2006
- Member of the Year - 2011
- Outstanding Aes Sedai Involvement - 2012
- Member You’d Most Like to go Out for a Night on the Town With - 2013
- Bonded to Sean al'Dragoran, San d'ma Shadar: December 6, 2011 - present
- Bonded to Alanar Tansden, Dai M'Hael: October 9, 2003 - present
- R'amorae e'Kellenit - Novice
- Seraph Delandra - Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Zyathlith Ridaltae - Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Sandriel Andarin - Retired Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah
- Saera Caerthyn - Aes Sedai of the White Ajah
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Fall Ball 2003 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Fall Ball 2004 - Alburqurque, New Mexico, USA
- Fall Ball 2005 - Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Fall Ball 2006 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Fall Ball 2010 - Washington, DC, USA
- Anniversary Party 2004 - Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2006 - Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Anniversary Party 2007 - Winter Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2008 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2009 - Millersylvania, Washington, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Anniversary Party 2012 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- JordanCon 2013 - Roswell, Georgia, USA
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Blue?
I joined initially with the preconception that I would never ever choose Blue thinking that it would be ridiculously popular. I soon found that wasn't the case (at the time anyway, though now Blue and Green are the two largest Ajahs), but it wasn't until Melana (who was Blue at the time) gave a speech in the hallways about how Blues could be a combination of pieces of each Ajah in their pursuit of a cause/focus that I opened my eyes and realized that it fit me perfectly. I was Blue for 9 years before being raised to the Amyrlin Seat, and was able to become 'rainbow' for real *lol*
- Are you like the Blues in the books? Do you plot and manipulate? Do you travel a lot?
I adore traveling and seeing new places more than just about anything so in that respect I am very much book Blue. Moreso however, I definitely follow the pattern of those Blues we've seen in the series in that I tend to find a cause or focus that gets the majority of my time and attention. Other things might be important, but most of the time there is only one or two things that get the majority of my time and attention. Plotting is also somethign that most Blues do, though without what can sometimes be a negative conontation from the books and instead plot for cozy things :P
- Do you have a favorite Blue Ajah character from the novels?
I have always adored Moiraine, but Siuan also has a special place in my heart. In addition, though she might insist otherwise, I still maintain that Egwene is also Blue *lol*
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I first started reading the series when I was 14 years old...so quite a long time now - crazy to think it's been nearly 20 years!
- How did you first get into the series?
I would spend quite a bit of time wandering the shelves of the library and first picked up book 3 or 4 by mistake and was completely confused! I finally got my hands on book one and have been reading them ever since.
- Favorite book and scene?
**SPOILERS!** I have always adored the scene where Rand and Nynaeve cleanse Saidin, and more recently the scenes of Lan in the borderlands across the last 4 books move me every time I read them. I also love Egwene and Siuan's interactions over the course of Egwene learning how to *be* the Amyrlin Seat and the relationship that comes of those lessons.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I found Tarvalon.Net through the old WoT FAQ site while looking up theories late in 2002 in the months before book 10 came out. I was so confused upon finding our boards at first because it was Halloween, and many hijinks were going on. Seeing the spirit of fun and the relationships between the members really drove home to me that this was a Community I wanted to be a part of.
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a former teacher, turned flight attendant, turned waitress, turned air traffic controller. It's amazing how many things change over 10 years
- Do you have any hobbies?
I love reading, board games, spending time with family, going to the movies and singing in my local community choir.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Anything I can sing along to!
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
It varies depending on whims, but right now I love Psych, Big Bang Theory, Downton Abbey, Top Chef and Vampire Diaries :o
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I love anything from romances to urban fiction to young adult to biographies. I have great affection for Anne McCaffrey (I started borrowing my mother's Dragonriders of Pern books at 10), Steven Brust (Vladimir Taltos), Kim Harrison (her Rachel Morgan series!) and I have to admit to Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series just being delightful. I have also loved watching people discover Brandon Sanderson as he finished up the Wheel of Time and have yet to read a book of his that I haven't enjoyed thoroughly.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I distinctly remember deciding that I would be a teacher from the age of 6, though it wasn't until junior high that I narrowed that focus to teaching music. Never in a million years would I ever have imagined that I'd be talking to airplanes for a living now, but I love my job and wouldn't have it any other way!