Author: Estyrien al'Halien
When Seaine Herimon was ordered to search for the Black Ajah, Pevara was the only sister she trusted enough to ask for help. Pevara, fuelled by her hatred of Darkfriends, agreed to help Seaine (ACoS, Ch. 32). Pevara and Seaine's first suspect was Zerah Dacan. Zerah was questioned by the two Sitters to find out her allegiance; they discovered that while she was not Black, she was a Salidar mole. Seaine and Pevara forced Zerah to swear to obey them on the Oath Rod and made her help them hunt for the Black Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Pevara created the plan for a group of Red sisters to go to the Black Tower to bond men who can channel, though Tarna was the one who suggested it (AMoL, Ch. 2). When there, she panic bonds Androl Genhald and is bonded by him in retalliation (AMoL, Ch. 2). During the Last Battle, she stays with Androl and his group rather than the White Tower Aes Sedai (AMoL, Ch. 37).
- C. Unknown: Pevara's entire family is murdered by longtime friends, who were Darkfriends, in Kandor (AMoL, Ch. 3).
- C. 850 NE: Pevara is raised to the shawl (WH, Prologue).
- C. 850 NE: Pevara serves a penance shortly after she is raised for saying that she wished she could bond a Warder (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 984 NE: Pevara becomes a Sitter (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 1000 NE: Seaine tells Pevara that she is hunting the Black Ajah and asks for her help (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- 1000 NE: Pevara and Seaine questions Zerah Dacan to see if she is Black Ajah. She is not, but is a Salidar mole and so they get her to reveal her secrets (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- 1000 NE: Saerin, Yukiri, Talene and Doesine realise that Pevara and Seaine are hunting the Black Ajah. Talene is exposed as being Black (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- 1000 NE: Pevara, Seaine, Saerin, Yukiri and Doesine use the Chair of Remorse on Talene to make her confess to being Black (WH, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara and Saerin convince Yukiri that the Salidar moles should not be turned in but used to hunt the Black Ajah (CoT, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara and Tarna talk about Red sisters bonding the Asha'man to keep them under control (CoT, Ch. 22).
- 1000 NE: Pevara meets with Tsutama and Javindhra; she is ordered to organise the bonding of the Asha'man (KoD, Prologue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara nearly walks into Egwene (KoD, Ch. 24).
- 1000 NE: Pevara searches for Red sisters who would be willing to bond several Asha’man (KoD, Epilogue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara Travels to the Black Tower to approach Taim about bonding Asha’man. She gets his permission (KoD, Epilogue).
- 1000 NE: Pevara is replaced during her extended absence (ToM, Ch. 27).
- 1000NE: She realises that Taim is not going to let the Aes Sedai go, but cannot convince Tarna pr Javindhra to escape. She realises something is wrong with Tarna (ToM, Ch. 53).
- 1000NE: She tries to leave the Black Tower but cannot make the weave for a gateway work (ToM, Ch. 53).
- 1000NE: Pevara asks about Androl, to try and learn more (AMoL, Prologue)
- 1000NE: She decides to teach him how to form a circle (AMoL, Prologue)
- 1000NE: Pevara admits men who can channel maker her uncomfortable but Androl does not digust her (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- 1000NE: She teaches Androl to link (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- 1000NE: While linked he is overcome by the newfound power and does not release her when he wishes and she starts to panic (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- 1000NE: As soon as he realizes, he releases the link and she bonds him (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- 1000NE: He bonds her in retaliation (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- 1000NE: She feels his emotion and hers mirrored back, and even a sense of what he is thinking (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- 1000NE: When Androl seeks to void, Pevara is not able to sense his feelings a much (AMoL, Ch. 3)
- 1000NE: She is able to catch glimmers of his thoughts if she concentrates (AMoL, Ch. 3)
- 1000NE: She is doubtful when he tells her of his Talent for Travelling (AMoL, Ch. 3)
- 1000NE: She defeats Welyn and Leems when they are with Dobser (AMoL, Ch. 3)
- 1000NE: She sends her thoughts directly to Androl (AMoL, Ch. 4)
- 1000NE: She is captured in the attempted rescue of Logain (AMoL, Ch. 4)
- 1000NE: Androl releases the bonds that hold her (AMoL, Ch. 14)
- 1000NE: She tells Lyrelle that the mission to bond Asha'man to control them is foolish (AMoL, Ch. 21)
- 1000NE: She is part of Androl's circle that defeats the Trollocs chasing Elayne's army (AMoL, Ch. 30)
- 1000NE: The more she is with Androl, the more she comes to regard him (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- 1000NE: When linked with Androl, they are attacked and he is incapacitated but somehow, she is able to form the weave for a gateway herself (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- 1000NE: She disguises herself as Alviarin when they go to try and steal back the Seals (AMoL, Ch. 37)
- 1000NE: When Logain leaves to find Sakarnen, she goes with Androl and stop the Darkfriend Asha'man from destroying the Dragons (AMoL, Ch. 41)
Strengths and Talents
Pevara is weak in Earth (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Pevara is stronger than Seaine and Doesine. She is the same in strength as Saerin and Yukiri (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Pevara and Seaine were once good friends. They were novices and Accepted together. Pevara was forced to end their friendship when they gained the shawl because the Red Ajah discouraged friends outside the Ajah. Despite this, Pevara was the only sister that Seaine trusted enough to ask for help with the search for the Black Ajah (ACoS, Ch. 32).
Pevara is never upset by Saerin's frequent displays of anger (TPoD, Ch. 26).
Yukiri believed that Pevara and Seaine were pillow friends (TPoD, Ch. 26).
She and Androl are double bonded (AMoL, Ch. 2)
- Unlike most Reds, Pevara does not hate men. In fact, she believes that the Ajah's work would be easier if the Red sisters had Warders (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Before they gained the shawl, Pevara and Seaine used to play pranks. They once dusted Serancha's shift with itchoak (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Pevara chose to join the Red Ajah because she thought that it would help her track down Darkfriends (ACoS, Ch. 32). Pevara lost her family * including her youngest brother, Georg * during an uprising by Darkfriends and she wanted revenge (CoT, Ch. 22). Despite this, Seaine believes that Pevara would have been happier as a Green (ACoS, Ch. 32).
- Pevara is very loyal to the Red Ajah (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- When she could afford them, Pevara had a painter paint pictures of her dead family for ivory miniatures (CoT, Ch. 22).
- Pevara has great strength of will that borders on stubbornness (TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Pevara is far tougher than she looks (WH, Prologue).
- Pevara wants to hunt down every last Black sister personally (WH, Prologue).
- Pevara has often been called unconventional (CoT, Ch. 22).
- Pevara likes to drink her tea with ginger (CoT, Ch. 22).
- Pevara is the daughter of a butcher (KoD, Prologue).
- Now that she is hunting the Black Ajah, Pevara is suspicious of everything and everybody (KoD, Prologue).
Points of View
- Points of View Chapters
- A Crown of Swords: Chapters
- The Path of Daggers: Chapters
- Winter's Heart: Chapters
- Knife of Dreams: Chapters
- The Gathering Storm: Chapters
- Towers of Midnight: Chapters
- A Memory of Light: Chapters 21
"It was sad that she had chosen Red, no matter how good her reasons, because she still liked men." Seaine about Pevara (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 32).
"They are rebels, and I intend to hold them so hard they squeak if one of them so much as has a wrong thought!" Pevara to Seaine about the Salidar moles (The Path of Daggers, Chapter 26).
"Pevara had tried to maintain that Talene must be wrong about Galina Casban, and went into a rage that lasted a full day when she finally was convinced that her Red sister was really Black. She still spoke of strangling Galina with her own hands." Yukiri about Pevara (Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue).