The Dragon Reborn: Chapter 51
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Point of View: Nynaeve
The Black Ajah capture Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve.
Walking through the Maule, Nynaeve thinks that she sees Rand but cannot be sure. She purchases some mutton roast and is on her way to Mother Guenna's house. Before reaching her destination, she meets an agitated Juilin, who tells her that he has found the women (the Black Ajah) that she, Egwene and Elayne have been looking for. He tells her that they are staying in the Stone of Tear as guests of the High Lord Samon.
When Nynaeve arrives at Mother Guenna's house, it is to find that Liandrin and Rianna are waiting for her, with Mother Guenna tied to a chair. They shield Nynaeve, beating her with flows of air when she tries to escape. Rianna wants to kill Mother Guenna, but Liandrin decides to leave her alive after Mother Guenna promises to tell no one that they were there.
Liandrin and Rianna take Nynaeve to the front room, where she sees Elayne, looking beat-up, an unconscious Egwene, and two more Black sisters, Amico Nagoyin and Joiya Byir. The Aes Sedai take the three girls out to a black coach, which will take them to the Stone of Tear. Juilin is waiting outside, and it is obvious that he helped the Black sisters, though under a lot of pressure.
On the way to the Stone of Tear, Nynaeve and Elayne try to make Liandrin and Rianna believe that they are bait, and that they are supposed to be taken to the Stone of Tear, but Liandrin simply replies that they will make Nynaeve and Elayne tell them everything later. Liandrin also tells them that they are working for one of the Forsaken, Be'lal, and that he has sent for thirteen Myrddraal. Nynaeve and Elayne start screaming while Liandrin and Rianna laugh.
- Overconfidence in their own knowledge/Acting on poor information
- Nynaeve sees Rand but dismisses the idea it could be him - does she know about Callandoor?
- She does know that if Moiraine hadn't come to the Two Rivers when she did, she wouldn't have been able to save the people herself
- Liandrin channels and talks of the Great Lord, so it should be clear they are Black Ajah
- She says that Rhianna is to quick to kill, but in this instance, leaving Mother Guenna alive was reckless
- Despite being an evil murderer, Joiya disapproves of bad language
- Rather than killing them, Belal intends to turn them to the Shadow