From Tar Valon Library
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Beldeine Nyram is an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah who sided with Elaida and the White Tower. She has worn the shawl for barely three years and is too young to have the ageless Aes Sedai face (TPoD, Prologue). She looks like a girl of 20 (WH, Ch. 23). Despite being a Green, Beldeine did not have a Warder (TPoD, Prologue) until she bonded Karldin.
Beldeine is from Saldaea. Like most Saldaeans, her brown eyes are slightly tilted and her nose has just a hint of a hook to it. Her cheekbones are high, but not very. Her hair hangs to her shoulders in ringlets. She stands a hand or more taller than Verin (TPoD, Prologue).
- Beldeine is one of five Aes Sedai in Cairhien who are too young to have ageless faces; they all play a part in kidnapping Rand (LoC, Ch. 51).
- Verin has Beldeine brought to her for questioning. She uses Compulsion on Beldeine and gives her instructions to follow (TPoD, Prologue).
- Sorilea brings Elza Penfell, Nesune Bihara, Sarene Nemdahl, Beldeine Nyram, and Erian Boroleos to Rand after they beg to be allowed to swear fealty to him. Rand accepts (TPoD, Ch. 29).
- Beldeine and Erian play stones while Cadsuane and Harine din Togara speak in the sunroom of the Sun Palace (WH, Ch. 13).
- Beldeine accompanies Rand and Cadsuane to Shadar Logoth. She links with Nesune, Daigian, and Eben Hopwil. They run into Aran'gar, and Eben is killed. Beldeine is injured, but Damer Flinn later Heals her (WH, Ch. 35).
- Erian, Nesune, Sarene, and Beldeine are less welcome in Rand's presence (TGS, Ch. 48).
Beldeine is aghast that Verin could swear fealty to a man who can channel (TPoD, Prologue).
Beldeine swore fealty to Rand because she believes that the Green Ajah must be at Tarmon Gai'don (TPoD, Ch. 29). She and the rest of Elaida's Aes Sedai who are in Tear watch Cadsuane as if suspicious of her intentions towards him (CoT, Ch. 23).
Cadsuane thinks that Beldeine is very determined to be everything that a Green should be (WH, Ch. 13).
At Shadar Logoth, Beldeine is not pleased that Daigian is put in charge of the circle that contains them, Nesune, and Eben Hopwil. Beldeine takes every opportunity to state her opinion of Daigian's decisions (WH, Ch. 35).
"Among all of those images spilling around Rand and the women, suddenly an aura flashed, blue and yellow tinged with green, encompassing them all. And Min knew its meaning. She gasped, half in surprise, half in relief. 'They will serve you, each in her fashion Rand.'" (Min's viewing of Beldeine, Elza, Erian, Nesune, Sarene, Sorilea, and Rand; TPoD, Ch. 29)
- During her Accepted test, Egwene sees Beldeine as her Keeper of the Chronicles. Outside of the Accepted test, they have not met each other, and yet it is apparently the same Beldeine; she is described as being "a woman with Sheriam's high cheekbones but dark hair and concerned brown eyes" (TDR, Ch. 22).
- When Beldeine was a novice, she was in a few of Verin's classes (TPoD, Prologue).
- Verin recalls that Beldeine is one of those young women who have very deep feelings for horses (TPoD, Prologue).
"I would rather bleed to death than be Healed by you! Maybe I should have expected to see you groveling to these wilders, these savages, but I never thought you would stoop to revealing Tower secrets! That ranks with treason, Verin! With rebellion! I suppose if you didn't shy at that, you'll stop at nothing! What else have you and the others taught them besides linking?" (Beldeine to Verin; The Path of Daggers, Prologue)
"Yes...but he must...be kept...safe. The world...must be...safe...from him." (Beldeine to Verin about Rand; The Path of Daggers, Prologue)
"The Green is the Battle Ajah. When you go to Tarmon Gai'don, the Green must be there. I will follow, if you will accept me." (Beldeine to Rand; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 29)
"Beldeine, she is becoming concerned that she has no Warder yet. She seems to be considering an Asha'man, if she can find one. I told her to talk to Daigian. If it does not help her, it will help Daigian." (Merise to Cadsuane about Beldeine; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 23)
"I simply think the child is amusing in the way she pokes through those tomes like she was a scholar." (To Cadsuane, about Min; The Gathering Storm, Chapter 48)