Brown Bulletin August 2012
Brown Bulletin August 2012
August has been an exciting month for the Browns. We have had a lot going on, and surprisingly, a lot of activity…in the Brown forums at least. :look Let’s start off this months bulletin with all the reasons for celebrating!
Congratulations to Yarrow who has aspired to Brown. Congratulations to Laithean Sedai who was married on the 11th. (pictures can be seen here: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/Laithean/Wedding/ using the password: MrsOlmstead)
Happy Birthday August Browns!
- Serenla Sedai
- Eniara Sedai
- Darim Gaidin
- Ciaran Gaidin
- Rodi Gaidin
Favorite Distractions/Procrastination Tools By Keladria
- Art(drawing/painting/etc) 1 3%
- Crochet/Knitting 2 6%
- Cooking/Baking 3 8%
- Graphics 1 3%
- Gardening 0 No votes
- Other-please specify 5 14%
- Reading 11 31%
- Scrap-booking 0 No votes
- Sitting on my butt playing video games 11 31%
- Training cats 2 6%
Drink it up with this months Tiki special… The Zombie Ingredients:
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz grapefruit
- 1/2 oz falernum
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/4 oz Zaya rum
- 1 oz Gosling's 151 rum
- 1 oz Appletons Estate rum
- 1 oz Myers rum
- 1 oz Demarara rum
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 dash Pernod
- 3 dashes Grenadine
- 3/4 oz Maraschino liqueur
________________________________________ Directions: Pour ingredients into blender, add a cup of ice, pour into 15 oz glass and add ice cubes to fill. Decorate w/mint, cherry and pineapple.
“I just got stuck in an elevator.” ~ Yarrow
“There are not enough expletives on the planet.” ~ Naomi
“I very nearly peed my pants.” ~ Adolla
“The race is on to get the cats in the kennel” ~ Narysse
"Get out of here Blacky. What do you think you're doing? Move along, Blacky." Reese promptly told me that I could not yell "Get out of here, 'Blacky'" outside of our apartment ~Keara
“I mean, put some clothes on at your wedding. Unless you're having a Betazoid ceremony...” ~ Stasia
"I stabbed my face in the nose" ~ Zasha
- I set out a center piece on our kitchen table to make sure they didn't look stupid, and put out a few of the clear diamond crystal beads I will be using to see how they looked, took some pics, everything looks nice, yay! This morning I needed to clean up the stuff and make sure it's all packed for the reception hall. Took out the little vial for the beads and opened it, swept most of the beads off and got them in the vial, and then there were a few that were tucked under the center piece (It's a book) so I grabbed the book completely forgetting I had an open vial in my hand....My kitchen table and floor are now covered in clear beads. I will be finding these little bastards for weeks!
- I had to get my last name changed on my license, and when I had to sign for it I totally signed the first time with my maiden name. I looked at the lady and said, "Crap! I can't sign it like that!" She laughed and told me to try it again.
Narysse~ I just had to use Brown Healing in the most unlikely of places, and all because of a Brown Out. I had a bunch of my yarn and sewing stuff stashed in the trailer because of company last month. I keep forgetting to bring the stuff back in.
This afternoon I needed some hooks and eyes for a blouse I'm making, so I went out there and started rummaging through my sewing cabinet (one of those clear plastic bin tier thingies) for them, and some coordinating thread and needles. I shut the top drawer and started trying to find the thread in the second drawer when I saw something moving in the top drawer. At first I thought there was a snake in my sewing cabinet!
Nope. It was a family of field mice.
Luckily there was a stash of encyclopedias out there, too. I grabbed the thickest one, quickly got the top off the drawers, and started smacking that cabinet with the encyclopedia trying to get the mice out.
2 escaped to freedom. 2 were left buried amongst the yarn and pillow parts I had been trying to do for a crochet class.
Finally I managed to get the mice out. Imagine me trying to pick out the yarn and such still left in there without getting bitten by a mouse, and meanwhile whacking the cabinet with the encyclopedia. By the way, everything in that top drawer is trash now, though, since the mice were nesting in it.
Now to get the cabinet back in the house without also bringing mice in..........