From Tar Valon Library
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
In New Spring, Elin Warrel is a novice of the White Tower. By the time we get to Crossroads of Twilight, she is an Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah. Elin left for the White Tower at the age of eighteen; shortly before Moiraine was raised to Aes Sedai, she had been a novice for seven years (NS, Ch. 2). She spent over twenty years together as novice and Accepted (CoT, Prologue).
- Elin is reading "Hearts of Flame" while on duty in the Amyrlin's anteroom (NS, Ch. 2).
- Elin is sent to find Gitara's serving woman (NS, Ch. 2).
- Elin is finally raised to Aes Sedai after twenty years as novice and Accepted (CoT, Prologue).
- Elin is walking around with Marris Thornhill and Doraise Mesianos (CoT, Prologue).
- Elin was the oldest Accepted (ACoS, Ch. 24).
- Yukiri thinks to herself that Elin is so newly raised to the shawl that she should still be bobbing curtsies on instinct (CoT, Prologue).
Elin should have felt her presence long before she was close enough to peer over the child's shoulder. Not really a child, since she had been seven years a novice and had come to the Tower at eighteen, but a novice was referred to as a child no matter her age. (Moiraine about Elin; New Spring, Chapter 2)
"You know I'd have brought it in right away if there'd been any message, Moiraine. You know I would." (Elin to Moiraine; New Spring, Chapter 2)
"Elin's sister came to visit her just before you first arrived at the Tower, Nynaeve. Her younger sister. The woman had gray hair. Well, some of it was. She must have been over forty, Nynaeve." (Elayne to Nynaeve about Elin; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 24)