From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||March 10, 2007|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 10, 2007
- Joined Tower: July 12, 2007
- Raised Accepted: August 9, 2009
- Raised Aes Sedai: January 18, 2011
- Department of Administration Staff: December 15, 2012 - March 21, 2013
- Membership Survey Project Manager: May 5, 2011 - December 14, 2012
- Funniest - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- Most Random - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2010
- The Delana Award (aka Person you would want in your naughty drawer - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2011
- The Delana Award (aka Person you would want in your naughty drawer - Annual Gray Ajah Awards - 2012
- Gray Guide
- Gray Pieing
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
October 5, 2011
- Why did you choose Gray?
I didn't choose Gray. Gray chose me. ;)
On a more serious note, I chose Gray because I have always been into justice and equality. I know it doesn't appear like that if you meet me RL, but I do. Deep inside. Hidden. I secretly want to be a hippie, with peace and love and understanding and stuff.
- Are you like the Grays in the books? Do you enjoy following politics and mediating disputes?
The Grays in the books are kind of boring. I think.
I enjoy politics. It's probably not good for my blood pressure to be that engaged in a discussion, so I mostly stay out. I might geek out on statistics, if someone says something that I disagree with. A discussion isn't a good one unless all the facts are presented. (Totally white + brown there. It's illogical to discuss something without the facts! )
- Do you have a favorite Gray Ajah character from the novels?
First I was like: "errr... are there any Gray Aes Sedai mentioned like ever in the books?" And then I had to go look it up. Seems I haven't paid much attention to which Ajah the different characters belong to! I really liked Yukiri, since she is kind of stubborn. I thought she was Green, but she isn't. Sort of like me.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I first started reading the series when I was 13 or 14. So that must have been in 2001.
- How did you first get into the series?
I was browsing the books at my local library. I had just finished the Lord of the Rings, and I wanted more books with magic and epic battles between good and evil. I'm not sure why I picked up the first book. Might have been something silly, like "oooh, this is book one out of many! Will make me look weird to the other kids! Not only am I reading, I also read thick books!"
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Egwene. I liked her a lot in the beginning, and then not so much, but now. Wow, that girl rocks!
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Padan Fain. Or Machin Shin. Padan Fain is evil and has all these super powers, but the Machin Shin is completely random and super evil.
- Favorite book and scene?
Probably the Eye of the World, the scene where they finally escaped the Trollocs, and Moiraine uses the One Power. I remember that one as extremely awesome, since it's the first time for the Emonds Field kids to see that there are a lot of things in the world outside.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
- What do you do in "real life"?
In "real life", I am a student. I plan on getting a degree in mathematics.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Yes. I craft things, I photograph things and I cook.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I don't really listen to music, but on the rare occasion I listen to jazz, punk, metal and electronica.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
All of my favorite movies are short. I get easily bored. One of the movies I can watch over again without getting bored, is Shortbus. (I think it's rated 18 or NC-17, depending on your countries system. Don't look it up if you're a kid! ) As for television shows, I love Tabathas Salon Makeover.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a minister in a church. They work only on Sundays, and they get to wear this awesome dress/suit/thingy! What's not to love? Then I grew a bit older and realized that they had to work other days too, plus you'd have to be a tad more religious than what I have ever been.