Grayt News! December 2010
From Tar Valon Library
What? It's totally still December! :tug
Announcements first. :D
Congratulations to Addey, the new Head Clerk of the Gray Ajah! <3333
And to Ilverin, our new Heart, Arie and Zarathi our new Sitters, and Madine and Ajailyn our new Souls! :D
Also congratulations to Madine who just got her Master's in epic hard sciencey-stuff!
UR DOIN IT WRONG :look
Addey did our Pie of the Month this time! :D
Pumpkin Pie (from scratch)
- 1 cup sugar - or 1 cup Splenda, or 3/4 cup honey (honey may make a heavier pie, though)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups pumpkin ("sieved, cooked pumpkin")
- 1.5 cans (12oz each) of evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Bake at 425 F for the first 15 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 F and bake another 45 to 60 minutes, until a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Here is the finished pie, right out of the oven:
The pumpkin (Eich) that gave up his guts:
I prefer graham cracker crust (homemade) but you can use a frozen pie shell, or packaged graham cracker crust shell. My recipe for homemade graham cracker crust is below.
- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients until it becomes slightly sticky to the touch and can be formed into a small ball.
- Put your crust mixture into a pie pan and smooth out around the bottom of the pan and edges.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese puffs
- Your pumpkin pie mixture from above.
- One package of cream cheese. (The kind wrapped in foil. Make sure you let it sit and get to room temperature.)
- Four cans of croissant dough. (Mini-croissants that make 8 per can.)
- Take a spoon and smooth mixture over one entire side of the croissant and roll. It will be rather thin, but when it bakes, it thickens.
- Bake in oven at 375F for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Here is a picture fresh from the oven:
Who says you need brains when you have boobs! - Tai
Although, I think it would be very poor practice to call in sick for the Last Battle due to cramps. -Massie
Re: Welcome, Dagnidrea!!
by Liiane al'Rhuidea "PROCLAMATION: HENCEFORTH, ALL GUESTS SHALL BE REQUIRED TO EITHER BRING SANDWICHES OR BE SANDWICHES!"
by Ilverin Matriam "maybe they will be after we finish testing on them"
by Liiane al'Rhuidea "The only testing that needs to happen involving sandwiches is the test where we send the aspirants to the kitchen to make us some."
by Dagnidrea al'Karyl "I actually worked at a Subway for over 5 years in high school and college, so this is a service I can provide. Here you go!"
Back to Grayt News!: The Gray Newsletter
Back to The Gray HQ