From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
Kara was sent to fight against Rand’s forces when they attacked the Seanchan in Altara. However, the Asha'man captured her and Rand gave her, and the other captured damane and sul'dam, to Elayne so that she could look after them (WH, Ch. 8).
The Kinswomen in the palace were given the task of trying to convince Kara that she should be free from her a'dam. It worked, to some extent, and Reanne, Nynaeve and Elayne decided that she should be released. However, Reanne still had some reservations about Kara’s sincerity of wanting to be freed (WH, Ch. 8). She is not trusted to be alone with any of the sul’dam. However, she is helping Jillari, a Seanchan damane, to adapt to her new freedom, with some success (KoD, Ch. 14).
Kara is plump and merry-eyed. She looks like she is in her early twenties (KoD, Ch. 14).
- C. 950 NE: Kara is born (KoD, Ch. 14).
- 998 NE: Kara is captured by the Seanchan and made damane (WH, Ch. 8).
- 1000 NE: Reanne, Nynaeve and Elayne decide that Kara is ready to have her a’dam removed (WH, Ch. 8).
- 1000 NE: Reanne, Kara and Jillari walk around the palace to get the former damane, most especially Jillari, used to their freedom (KoD, Ch. 14).
- She was very influential in her village on Toman Head (WH, Ch. 8).
- Despite being freed of her a’dam, Kara is very anxious that none of the sul’dam should be harmed (WH, Ch. 8).
“The good news… is that three of the damane seem ready to be let out of their collars. Perhaps.” (Reanne to Nynaeve and Elayne; Winter's Heart, Chapter 8)
“I don’t mistrust them, not the way I do Alivia, but I doubt either one could stand up to a sul’dam. I think if a sul’dam ordered either to help her escape, she would, and I fear she might not fight too hard if the sul’dam tried to collar her again.” (Reanne to Nynaeve and Elayne about Kara and Lemore; Winter's Heart, Chapter 8)
“We must remove the a’dam. We will hold on to them until we can be sure- and Lemore after; she needs to be put in white!- and we will make sure they are never left alone, especially with the sul’dam, but the a’dam come off!” (Nynaeve about Kara, Alivia and Lemore; Winter's Heart, Chapter 8)