Membership Survey Statistician
The Membership Survey Statistician was a staff position in the Department of Administration and handled cleaned data from the Membership Survey and provided breakdown of the data utilizing pivot tables. Data is broken down to to provide basic information (totals) as well as to find possible patterns based on sex, age, location, length of membership, and community group. The reason to review for patterns is to ensure that no particular group is adversely impacted as well as to ensure that there is a consistent understanding of any messages being sent.
Position Level: Staff
Department: Department of Administration
Rotation: Non rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Pro Bono Merit?
Chain of Command
Reported to: Department Director of Administration, with a dotted line to the Membership Survey Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide two levels of statistical analysis from survey data - totals, and totals by group. This data should be provided in tabular format. Addition of data in a graphical presentation is not required but would be appreciated.
- Provide advice on all projects within the department, especially ways to improve the Membership Survey so that it is clear for participants, generates the results requested by Execs, and reduces work for everyone.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Check the department forum and email on a weekly basis
- Respond to email within a week of it being sent
- Confidentiality of both survey data as well as discussions within department forum
- To meet deadlines as provided, or communicate any difficulties as soon as aware of said difficulty.
This position is not labor intensive most of the year, but after the Membership Survey is closed from taking new data can be labor intensive as these results are generally needed in 4-6 weeks. During this busy time it is expected that the Statistician will work approximately 5 hours per week, depending on proficiency with Excel and pivot tables. Slow time frames will require minimal time commitment.
- Must be a Tower Member in good standing of any rank.
- Must be willing to spend ~5 hours a week on departmental duties (this time estimate will be lower most of the year, but will be higher around Membership Survey time - Generally Dec-April).
- Must be tactful, discreet, and able to get along with a wide variety of people.
- Should plan on holding this position for a minimum of one calendar year.
- Excellent with Excel, specifically pivot tables
- Experience with Google Drive and related Document types
- Completed 12 years of education or more (high school, secondary school)
Membership Survey Statisticians
- Loraella Melodie: December 15, 2012 - December 17, 2013
- Pol Rohanson: December 17, 2013 - October 20, 2015
- Alena Mysana: February 7, 2014 - October 20, 2015
- Junior Statistician
- Pol Rohanson: December 15, 2012 - December 17, 2013