Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager is responsible for marketing TarValon.Net through the official TarValon.Net social media channels. They are the direct point of contact for the members of the Social Media Team and report directly to the Director of Marketing. They are responsible for developing and managing all content shared across our platforms and encouraging new and interesting content wherever possible.
Position Level: Admin
Department: Department of Marketing
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
To contact the Social Media Manager, email email@example.com.
Chain of Command
The Social Media Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Social Media Team report to the Social Media Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate ideas for posts to make on social media.
- As needed, hire people to fill in roles on the Social Media Team.
- Collaboration with other TarValon.Net Departments regarding promotion of activities and events.
- Utilize a Google Calendar (or similar) to plan posts to social media at least two weeks in advance, and ideally four weeks in advance.
- Effectively manage and delegate platform tasks to the specific team member(s) in charge of the platform.
- Proactively work to promote TarValon.Net and maintain its relevance and accessibility with the WoT Show audience.
- Keep records of the content being posted and analyze what is performing well and what isn't, as well as doing end-month statistics and posts within the Social Media Team to update everyone.
- Have an ability to constantly come up with ideas and not be afraid when they don't work out - social media moves very quickly, and a misfire is quickly forgotten. If something isn't working, it's okay to move on.
- Enjoy using social media, regardless of the platform.
- Strong initiative and motivational skills - you will be overseeing a team of people that needs you to help cheer, motivate, and inspire them.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, and be able to receive critiques on what is working and what isn't.
- Activity level: 10-20 hours per week.
- As an Administrator in the Department of Marketing the SMM is required to attend a monthly meeting with their fellow Marketing Administrators and Director.
- Must have been a member of any rank for at least 6 months.
- Must be able to write clearly in English with acceptable grammar and spelling.
- Familiarity with, and use of, at least two of the platforms that we are present on. If you do not already have a Facebook account, you will need to create one to be made an administrator of the page.
- Must be able to stay on task and commit the necessary time each month to ensure the social media team is supported and posting goals are met.
- Must be able to regularly and frequently check the Social Media email, Social Media discussion forum and Discord channel.
The position was first advertised January 11, 2019. Previously known as the Social Marketing Manager.
Social Media Managers
- Alenya Al'Roran: May 9, 2022 - present