From Tar Valon Library
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Yurith Azeri is one of the Queen's Guards in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn. Before, she was a merchant's guard and a Hunter of the Horn. She is lean and as tall as most men (KoD, Ch. 15; Ch. 32). She is from Saldaea (KoD, Ch. 32).
Despite her courtly accents, she denies being nobly born. She is silent on her past before swearing the Hunter's Oath. There are things, however, that imply that she is lying about not being nobly born. For one thing, Elayne thinks of her as an "excellent conversationalist" and an "educated woman" and Yurith is very skilled at sword fighting (KoD, Ch. 17; Ch. 32).
Like the other Guardswomen, she is brave and determined (KoD, Ch. 15).
- She reports to Caseille that she saw Merilille leave with another woman who was cloaked and hooded and had tattooed hands (CoT, Ch. 14).
- She teaches sword lessons every day (KoD, Ch. 15).
- She leads the Guardswomen under Birgitte when they free Elayne and capture the Black Ajah (KoD, Ch. 32).
- She is skilled with her sword. She gives the new Guardswomen lessons and is even complimented by Ned Yarman and Jaem, both Warders (KoD, Ch. 15).
- She rarely smiles (KoD, Ch. 32).