Charl Gedwyn was a full Asha'man, a few years older than Rand and of middling height (TPoD, Ch. 21). He was a hard-faced man with a challenging look about him (TPoD, Ch. 29). Before he was killed, he took to wearing his hair tied back with a large red stone (TPoD, Ch. 29, WH, Ch. 33).
- After Rand chooses Dashiva, Taim stalks away, calling for Gedwyn, Rochaid, Torval, and Kisman (ACoS, Ch. 2).
- Gedwyn took eight Dedicated and forty soldiers to Rand and Traveled with him to Illian (TPoD, Ch. 21).
- Following the first attack, he stands apart from the others, with Rochaid (TPoD, Ch. 23).
Rand did not trust him and did not want to show weakness in front of him (TPoD, Ch. 21).
- He is loyal to Taim above Rand (WH, Prologue).
- He was not friendly in general, but seemed to get on well with Rochaid (TPoD, Ch. 21).
"He gave them anything a king could want." (Genhald on Gedwyn, Torval, Rochaid, and Kisman WH, Prologue)