Author: Atarah al'Norahn
The full name was not recorded in the main series, but was given in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Meidani is tall and slender enough to look overbalanced by her bosom. She has dark golden hair (CoT, Prologue). Her lips are full and her throat is slim (KoD, Ch. 25). Her room has a set of mementos from disputes she helped settle (TGS, Ch. 12) . She has a Warder named Leonin (CoT, Prologue).
- Meidani is an Accepted of the White Tower. She goes on the trips outside the Tower to take down names for the bounty (NS, Ch. 4).
- Meidani and nine others are sent by Sheriam and company to the White Tower to spread rumors about Logain and the Red Ajah. (ACoS, Ch. 8; TPoD, Ch. 26).
- Meidani and the other Salidar rebels within the White Tower are discovered and forced to swear oaths to obey Doesine, Pevara, Saerin, Seaine and Yukiri on the Oath Rod (TPoD, Ch. 26; WH, Prologue; CoT, Prologue).
- Yukiri and Meidani walk through the Tower. Meidani is given orders to renew her friendship with Elaida (CoT, Prologue). Meidani follows her orders and attempts to become friends with Elaida again (KoD, Ch. 2).
- Beonin arrives at the White Tower and informs Elaida about the rebels who are spying within the Tower. Elaida orders Tarna to have them watched. She decides to invite Meidani to dine with her that night so that she can keep a close eye on her (KoD, Ch. 2).
- Beonin, displeased with Elaida, warns Meidani and Jennet that Elaida knows about them (KoD, Ch. 24).
- Meidani dines with Elaida most nights, and is often invited to visit during the day, as well. So far, she has let no information regarding the rebels slip (KoD, Ch. 25).
- When Tarna brings the morning reports to Elaida, Meidani is visiting. Tarna notes that she seems nervous and afraid of Elaida. When Elaida dismisses her so that she can speak to Tarna alone, Meidani leaves eagerly (KoD, Ch. 25).
- She opens the door to Elaida's study for Egwene (TGS, Ch. 2).
- Meidani takes strength from Egwene telling her that her service is appreciated (TGS, Ch. 2).
- Ewgene demands to know why she has not fled and Meidani tells her she can't say. Egwene instead asks her if she can show her (TGS, Ch. 12).
- Egwene shows Meidani Travelling (TGS, Ch. 12)
- She is surprised by how quickly she obey Egwene (TGS, Ch. 12)
- She takes Egwene to a meeting of the Black Ajah hunters (TGS, Ch. 12)
- Meidani nods when Egwene tells the others she accepts her as Amyrlin (TGS, Ch. 12)
- Meidani visits and tells Egwene of the day's events (TGS, Ch. 39).
- The Black Ajah hunters have removed the fourth oath (TGS, Ch. 39).
Yukiri thinks that Meidani is a jackdaw in swan's feathers, and that a rebel pretending loyalty is a disgusting thing (CoT, Prologue).
Meidani and Elaida were pillow-friends over thirty years ago, when they were novices together. However, Elaida broke off this friendship when she was raised to Accepted (CoT, Prologue; KoD, Ch. 25). Elaida is considering renewing their physical relationship in the hopes that Meidani will let information regarding the rebels slip. Tarna notes that Meidani seems afraid of Elaida, and Elaida replies that this is the way she wants it to be. She plans to have Meidani and the other rebels birched (KoD, Ch. 25).
"That was some years ago. Elaida very properly broke it off when she was raised Accepted. She might have been accused of favoritism if I were in a class she was given to teach." (Meidani to Yukiri about her friendship with Elaida; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue)
"I did try. Several times. The Keeper...Alviarin always put me off. The Amyrlin was busy, she had appointments, she needed rest. There was always some excuse. I think Elaida just doesn't want to take up a friendship she dropped more than thirty years ago." (Meidani to Yukiri about renewing her friendship with Elaida; Crossroads of Twilight, Prologue)
"I may not seem it sometimes, but I am still Aes Sedai, girl, you cannot order me" (To Egwene, The Gathering Storm, Chapter 2).