The Events Historian is a staff position in the Department of Research and Records. They are responsible for collecting and maintaining information on real-life events and conferences in the TarValon.Net Library. This work would require them to work closely with the Department of Events and Conferences.
Department: Department of Research and Records
Position Level: Staff
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Staff Merit
For any changes to real-life event related information (on Who's Who profile pages or real-life event pages), contact the Events Historian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chain of Command
The Events Historian reports directly to the Director of Research and Records.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibility of the Events Historian is proactively maintaining all real-life events related pages in the TarValon.Net Library.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Record details of our official events and conferences as they move through planning stages and after they occur.
- Create a stub page for parties when the location is announced.
- Add details as they are released on the forums via official posts, e.g. dates, schedule, packet, etc.
- Update after the party with pictures, reviews, final attendee list, tournament winners, bondings, raisings, fundraisers, etc.
- Wherever possible, update past event pages with the same details.
- Follow established guidelines for editing the Library wiki.
- Must be a member in good standing within the community.
- Must know Wiki formatting or be willing to learn.
- Be ready to spend at least the first couple of weeks in an onboarding process by the Director or the outgoing Historian.
- Must possess discretion, as they may have access to working dates or event details before they are ready to be made public knowledge.
- Have approximately two hours per week to dedicate to finding and posting updates, although some weeks may require more or less time.
- Must have been a member of the site for at least six months.
- Anyone of any rank or position may apply.
- Familiarity with the site Library is preferable.
- Good English written communication skills with attention to consistent language and grammar.
- Attending events personally can be an advantage in this role, but networking with others to collect information is more important. It is not expected that the Events Historian would spend their time at a party following up on the various events that take place to gather the information.
- Leala ni al'Dareis t'al'Caleum: March 16, 2023 - present
- Alexstrasz Ruskein: July 27, 2019 - October 9, 2022
- Imzadi Hopewind: November 13, 2018 - July 26, 2019
- Eniara Kisharad: December 2, 2015 - November 12, 2018