Frothy Mexi-Mocha Kaf
From Tar Valon Library
Author: Sharradin Desri
A favored drink of the Seanchan, it has yet to catch on with the general public.
Makes 2 drinks - Recipe can be halved or doubled
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 strip orange rind (2 x 1/4 inch)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 coups hot strong coffee
- 1/4 cup Half and Half, warmed
- Orange rind and cinnamon sticks, for garnish (optional)
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional)
Combine sugar, Chocolate, orange rind, cinnamon and allspice in blender.
Whirl until finely chopped.
Add coffee to blender. Whirl for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and chocolate is melted, scraping down side if needed. Pour into saucepan. Gently heat. Combine in blender with warmed half and half. Whirl until frothy. Strain; discard solids.
Serve in cappuccino cups. Garnish with orange rind and cinnamon sticks, and serve with chocolate covered coffee beans, if you wish.