Department: Department of Online Events
Position Level: Admin
Rotation: One year term with an offset six-month rotation
Merit Eligibility: Administrator Merit
Chain of Command
Game Masters report directly to the Director of Online Events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and moderate all Mafia and Frivolous Fun threads.
- Archive and/or prune the Mafia and Frivolous Fun forums as needed.
- Work with your fellow Game Masters to ensure a fun, engaging experience for participating members.
- Educate and inform members of how to play Mafia games, and field questions from and offer advice to those running games.
- Enforce and maintain any general forum rules as outlined in the Membership Manual.
- Notify the Director should any issues arrive, and work with them to resolve any issues.
- 5-10 hours each week; more if actually running a specific game.
- Be any rank, so long as you have been a member of the community for at least three months.
- Have knowledge of or a willingness to learn Xenforo moderation controls.
- Be tactful and considerate when dealing with issues that can arise in games.
This was formerly a position named Mafia Moderator in the Department of Moderators and Operators. At the Spring 2015 Admin Meeting, the role was switched from Staff to an Admin position. At the Summer 2020 Executive Meeting this position was moved to the Department of Community Outreach and renamed to Game Master.
In March 2022, the position was moved to the newly created Department of Online Events and in October 2022 was renamed to Event Master. In April 2023, it returned to the name Game Master.
- Alora Sionn: March 17, 2022 - September 5, 2022
- Jocasta Braithe: July 1, 2020 - September 5, 2022
- Kenith Sna'aps: December 2, 2020 - June 17, 2022
- Aintza Bisera: December 2, 2020 - March 17, 2022
- Thaddius al'Guy: July 1, 2021 - March 14, 2022
- Alexstrasz Ruskein: July 1, 2020 - August 3, 2021
- Thaddius al'Guy: July 1, 2020 - December 1, 2020