Director of Online Events
From Tar Valon Library
Director of Online Events is an Executive level position.
Position Level: Executive
Department: Department of Online Events/Executive Branch
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
To contact the Director of Online Events, email email@example.com.
Chain of Command
The Director of Online Events reports directly to the Cordamora.
The Online Events Coordinator, the Event Masters, and the Guild Coordinator all report to the Director of Online Events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle the selection and training of admins and staff in your Department.
- Keep track of all of our community’s online events efforts in terms of scale and scope of participation, when applicable.
- Help plan and execute all of our community’s efforts at rebuilding Guilds in conjunction with the Guilds Coordinator based on the development of the community-driven focus.
- Be on the lookout for new ways of incorporating fun, games, events, and guild activities for our community: online, offline & potentially in collaboration with real life Events.
- Be available for quarterly Admin meetings.
- Be flexible and able to handle/work around emergencies.
- Work to broadcast and advertise our online events efforts via the Online Activities Coordinator, Guilds Coordinator, Game Masters, and any other available method, including collaboration with Marketing & Social Media Team, Technology, Events, as applicable.
- Be flexible about other duties as assigned, as this role is inherently responsive to increasing membership satisfaction.
- Expect to spend at least 5-10 hours a week performing duties related to this Department's functions, more when scheduled events are in progress.
- Must currently be:
- a Senior Member with at least one year good standing as a Senior Member,
- have held Senior Membership in good standing for at least one year prior to applying,
- or at least one year relevant RL experience in a similar role along with at least one year in good standing on the site.
- Must be knowledgeable about the site’s online events and forum games. Prefer knowledge of past Guilds, but not necessary.
- Must be a hard-working, driven, and creative self-starter. This position will be doing a lot of coming up with new ideas, implementing and motivating our members to participate, and taking lead on executing the approved ideas
- Tact and discretion are a must, especially as it relates to the supervision of Game Masters within their moderation function.
- Provide regular updates to Cordamora and Amyrlin regarding scheduled events and progression of Guilds.
- Must be able to access the boards, or at least email, on a regular basis. This position handles many of our internal efforts geared toward member satisfaction, so your dependability and ability to communicate is imperative.
- Have a passion for creating fun activities geared for our internal community. We want you to dream big and motivate us all to achieve those dreams!
This role was created alongside the Department of Online Events in January 2022.
Directors of the Department of Online Events
- Adina al'Mari: March 13, 2023 - present
- Nadezhda al'Lanahrin: October 15, 2022 - January 29, 2023
- Aintza Bisera: March 4, 2022 - November 17, 2022