Tar Valon Game Team
Tar Valon Game Team was a temporary team of members in the Department of Marketing who will work on the development of a TarValon.Net card game. The expected time period in which the team would exist was 6-12 months.
Department: Department of Marketing
Position Level: Staff
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Staff Merit
Chain of Command
The Tar Valon Game Team reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop cards and game play for the TarValon.Net Card Game.
- Test and challenge the cards throughout the development process.
- Promote the TarValon.Net Card Game within the community.
- Actively engaging and participating in the Card Game Development Team forum.
- Must be able to work to a deadline as this project will only run for 12 months with various development deadlines along the way.
- Be tactful and considerate when discussing ideas and suggestions from other members.
Must be willing to spend ~4 hours a week at this position. The ability to check on the Card Game Development Board on a regular basis (at least once every other day) is a necessity for this position.
- Must have been a member of TarValon.Net for at least 6 months. Open to any rank; citizen or above.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must enjoy card/table top games.
A card game development team designing a new TarValon.Net card game was first entertained in 2020 after feedback from members, who remembered an old trading card game made by Valorian Edoras and Serinia Edoras. Instead of reviving the old trading card game, it was decided that a new game would be developed.
In April 2023 the Tar Valon Game was put on hold indefinitely.