From Tar Valon Library
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
- 960 NE: Zemaille enrolls as a novice (NS, Ch. 3).
- 970 NE: Zemaille takes the Accepted test and passes (NS, Ch. 3).
- 978 NE: Zemaille talks to Siuan and Moiraine when Tamra summons them to the Oval Lecture Hall (NS, Ch. 3).
- 978 NE: Zemaille leaves the White Tower to collect the names of newborn babies for Tamra's bounty (NS, Ch. 3).
- Zemaille never talks about the Sea Folk unless pressed (NS, Ch. 3).
- She is sober and thoughtful (NS, Ch. 3).
- Zemaille was focused on achieving the shawl from the day that she enrolled as a novice (NS, Ch. 3).
- She is weak in the One Power (CoT, Ch. 21).
- Zemaille shares rooms with Aiden and Nyein, two other Sea Folk sisters. Their rooms are in the upper levels of the library so that they can be close to the Thirteenth Depositary (CoT, Ch. 21).
- Zemaille is rarely seen as she spends most of her time working in the library (CoT, Ch. 21).
"Zemaille always took her time. For that matter, she was always sober and thoughtful. Very likely, she would choose Brown when she was raised. Or perhaps White." Moiraine about Zemaille (New Spring, Chapter 3)
"She had been Accepted for eight years, now, and ten years a novice before that, and Moiraine had seen her fumble a weave time after time before suddenly setting it so perfectly that you wondered why she had failed before." Moiraine about Zemaille (New Spring, Chapter 3)
"Tall and very lean, Zemaille always held that outer mask of reserve and distance, but Alviarin suspected she was less shy than she pretended, and less pleasant." Alviarin about Zemaille (Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 21)