The Copywriting Editor is a position outside of the Departmental Structure that works with the Archivist to ensure that the Membership Manual is up to date, comprehensive and clear. The role involves reviewing current and new pages, as written by the Archivist, Heads of Departments or other Officers, and re-writing pages as deemed necessary.
Position Level: Staff
Department: Non Departmental
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Copywriting Merit
Chain of Command
The Copywriting Editor reports to the Archivist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Along with the Archivist, identify sections of the Membership Manual that need to be changed when policies are changed
- Review the Membership Manual and identify areas where it is not clear
- Identify any errors in the Manual
- Work with the Archivist to write improved text for these pages
- Respond to requests from the Archivist in a timely manner
- Ability to write in clear English
- This will vary. If new policies are adopted at an Executive Meeting, several hours a week is likely to update relevant pages and those that link to them. In general, the weekly commitment is likely to be low.
This position was first advertised in February 2022, and the first Copywriting Editor announced in March.
- Stasia t'Andrei: March 29, 2022 - present