|Location||New England, USA|
|Join Date||August 7, 2002|
|Bonded to||Alora Sionn & Stephen Lightheart|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: August 7, 2002
- Joined Tower: August 7, 2002
- Raised Accepted: October 10, 2002
- Raised Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah: December 13, 2002
- Demoted to Accepted: July 1, 2007
- Aspired to the White Ajah: October 1, 2016
- Raised Aes Sedai of the White Ajah: April 22, 2017
- Tar Valon Times Staff: December 1, 2017 - February 1, 2021
- Survey Project Manager: August 13, 2018 - December 28, 2020
- Outreach Activities Team: June 18, 2017 - June 30, 2020
- Heart of the White Ajah: October 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020
- Education and Employment/ Home and Garden/ Health and Fitness /Sports Fanatics/ Entertainment Forum Moderator: July 15, 2019 - May 10, 2020
- Current Events Forum Moderator:
- July 3, 2018 - May 10, 2020
- January 22, 2017 - July 15, 2017
- Gaming/ Tech Talk/ Hand Crafts/ Fine Arts & Literary Pursuits Forum Moderator:
- July 3, 2018 - July 14, 2019
- July 5, 2016 - January 21, 2017
- Sitter for the White Ajah: Fall 2018
- General Forum/ Frivolous Fun Forum Moderator: July 15, 2017 - July 3, 2018
- White Ajah Soul: July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017
- Head of the Gray Ajah: May 6, 2003 - May 9, 2006
- Feastday Award: Rock Star of Shaoman - 2018
- Amyrlin's Award: Unsung Servant - 2018
- Keeper's Award: Staff Member of the Year - 2017
- Bonded to Alora Sionn, Gaidin of Val'Cueran: October 28, 2018 - present
- Bonded to Stephen Lightheart, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah: August 18, 2021 - present
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
Added March 8, 2019.
- Why did you choose White?
Because White fits me. I visited the other groups and discovered that I really loved my time in each of them, there are fantastic people in each of them, and I could probably make a home for myself in just about any of them. After realizing that, I sat down and did some serious introspection and was able to see myself a bit more clearly which made me see that I am White.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books? Are you a logical woman with no time for emotion in her life?
I actually am very much like the Whites in the Books. I have emotions, but there was a lot more to the Whites in the books than a lack of emotions. Honestly, I think Robert Jordan just didn’t understand the Whites in the books, so he couldn’t really describe them very well.
- Do you have a favorite White Ajah character from the novels?
Definitely! Camolle Sedai. She’s the one that was so busy with her mathematical research that she didn’t even notice any of the events of the books, and consequently wasn’t actually included in the written account of Randland… hehe But she received great accolades for her research and methods a few years later!
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since about 1996.
- How did you first get into the series?
I was 9 and I hated reading. My mom eventually forced me to sit down so she could read the first WoT book to me. The deal was, if I made it to the end of the book and still didn’t like reading and books, she would stop bothering me about finding something I wanted to read. After a few chapters I stole… erm, borrowed the book while she was sleeping and disappeared into my room, only resurfacing a few months later when I’d finished all the books that were published at that point (book 6 or 7). Mom won that bet and my sleep cycle has never recovered.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Maybe Egwene? Though Amys and Sorilea are also fantastic. So is Rhuarc.
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
Semirhage. Most definitely Semirhage.
- Favorite book and scene?
Book 3, shortly after Mat wakes up in the Tower after being Healed. He goes for a walk and comes across the Warders-in-training. He ends up accidentally challenging Gawyn and Galad to a competition, them with their swords, and him with a quarterstaff. In just a few moments he wipes the floor with them.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
Probably a farmer or other low to moderate-low income person… just like the vast majority of people in Randland…
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I was reading theories on Dragonmount, saw Eleyan posting there, followed a link in her sig which brought me to TarValon.Net. About five minutes later, I signed the novice book.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Quilting, reading, learning piano.
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Home Free, Piano Guys, various classical, Lindsey Stirling, Evanesence, Beyonce, anything that sounds good to me.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Buffy, NCIS, LotR, You’ve Got Mail, Fried Green Tomatoes, Star Trek Voyager, Iron Man.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
Chronicles of Elantra – Michelle Sagara; The Sun Sword – Michelle West; Black Magician Trilogy – Trudi Canavan; Second Sons Trilogy – Jennifer Fallon; Mistborn – Brandon Sanderson; Stormlight Archive – Brandon Sanderson
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
Astronaut or Supreme Overlord of the Universe. Either one would have been acceptable.