Ebona din Casei
|Ebona din Casei|
|Join Date||December 30, 2006|
|Bonded to||Kerwin Thaumiel|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 30, 2006
- Joined Tower: January 31, 2007
- Raised Accepted: April 30, 2007
- Aspired to the Blue Ajah: September 7, 2007
- Raised Aes Sedai: November 3, 2007
- Sitter for the Blue Ajah:
- Classroom Teacher:
- Servant of All Staff: March 22, 2014 - January 19, 2016
- Education and Employment/ Home and Garden/ Health and Fitness /Sports Fanatics/ Entertainment Forum Moderator: January 1, 2012 - July 12, 2014
- Servants of All Planning Committee member: August 2010 - March 22, 2014
- Keeper's Award: Staff Member of the Year - 2013
- Berlyn al'Canto, former Accepted
- Melania al'Larwind, former Accepted
- Vixen ki'Tsune, former Accepted
- Anujun Trahearn, Accepted
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Summer Euro Party 2007 - Driebergen, The Netherlands
- Winter Euro Party 2008 - Slindon, UK
- Euro Party 2013 - Oostende, Belgium
- Euro Party 2016 - Ølbergtunet, Stavanger, Norway
Senior Member Interview
October 10, 2011
- Why did you choose Blue?
Because Blue felt like home from the first moment I entered their Sitting Room. I struggled against it at first, but eventually I realised Blue was where I belonged. It was the place I'd miss the most if I left, and no other Ajah felt like such a good fit.
- Are you like the Blues in the books? Do you plot and manipulate? Do you travel a lot?
Yes, I plot and manipulate, but like the Blues in the book, I try to make the world a better place. I sometimes plot to help my friends or I manipulate people because I think it's good for them. And like the Blues in the books, I often think I know what's good for other people... That might be one of my less favorable sides.. I also like to travel, but always with a destination in mind. I don't travel for the sake of traveling.
- Do you have a favorite Blue Ajah character from the novels?
*shrug* Not really. Saying Suian would just be too obvious, wouldn't it? I actually think Gitara Moroso and Tamra Ospenya seem really cool. I would have liked to know more about them.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
Since I was about 13, I think. I'm born in 1985, so when this is written I'm 25. That makes 12 years, or so.
- How did you first get into the series?
I found the first couple of books (split into two-three volumes each) in the "young adults" section of my local library. When I got sick of waiting for the Norwegian translations, I borrowed the english paperbacks from a friend.
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Egwene!!!! (That was easy.. :P )
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
This one is also easy: Graendal. The ultimate hedonist!
- Favorite book and scene?
Hmmm... The book where Egwene gets elected Amyrlin, and starts to change into the woman she had to become. Can't remember which book that is.. 11? There are so many great scenes, I can't pick just one. When Nyaneve finally breaks through her block... I love that one. And the first-sister ritual between Elayne and Aviendha. And when Mat first finds out Egwene's the Amyrlin. And the scene with Verin and Egwene in Towers of Midnight. I could just go on and on. Generally, I prefer stuff late in the books to the stuff earlier on, but that might just be because I've read the early stuff so many times.
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
When I joined the site, I was a big fan of the Atha'an Miere. That's why my name has a "din" in the middle. Now, I also really like the Aes Sedai. I would have wanted to be some kind of channeler. If not an Athan'an Miere windfinder, then perhaps an Aes Sedai of the Tower. I don't really know.
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I think I found it when I was searching for information about theories concerning the WoT series, but I can't really remember. I do remember that it was New Year's Eve, though. :P I'd been using the Encyclopedia WoT for a while, but was looking for more, and I think TV.net popped up in a Google search. In those first few months, I also checked out Theoryland (too confusing) and DragonMount (too big, too much roleplay). I was looking for somewhere to be myself, and I found that on TV.net. Whether to join the Tower or not wasn't really a question in my mind. Ofcourse I would join! I spent the minimum time on each level, quickly becomming a citizen, a novice and then an Accepted. Becomming a SM became a goal in it's own right, and on my way towards that goal I came to love our site and the people on it. I found some wonderful friends through the site (one who'll be my maid of honor at my wedding), which in turn gave me more motivation to stay on TV.net and contribute to it's growth and developpement.
- What do you do in "real life"?
At the point when I'm writing this, I'm engaged to be married. The wedding will (hopefully) take place in the end of July 2012. I'm involved with several organisations. Most important to me is my religious group of asatru pagans and my local BDSM organisation. I work as a teacher (special ed.), and I do sign language interpretation on the side whenever I have the time. I try to take a class or two each semester at the University, to work my way towards actually becomming a certified teacher. We'll see how that goes.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I read a lot (duh!) and spend a lot of time on the computer. I'm a member of TV.net (obviously) and also of a site called Kushielverse, which is connected to a different fantasy book series. I'm very much into tabletop roleplaying games, the current favorite being a game called Deadlands. I also do the occational Norwegian style LARP (not anything like the US or UK kind).
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I don't really listen to music. Music isn't important in my life. I know very little about music. I don't mind when people put on music, and can listen to practically any style... Perhaps except the hardest kinds of metal and the most screamy kinds of opera, but otherwise I'm good.
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
I watch a lot of movies, but I don't think I have any particular favorite. It's easier to say what I don't like: Horror. I can't stand being scared, and I scare waaaay too easily. I wach a fair bit of TV as well. Some of the shows I wach these days are: House, Bones, Heroes, True Blood and Glee. I'm also a HUGE fan of the HBO series Rome and the new Game of Thrones series.
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
This is much easier than the movie and music questions. Books is something I really CARE about. :P I love most of what China Mieville has written. A brilliant author that I'd recomend to anyone who enjoys good, intelligent fantasy/sci-fi/weird fiction. I also very much like A Song of Ice and Fire, and many of the other things that George R.R. Martin has written.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
A garbage truck driver or a brain surgeon. That is, according to my mom, what I wanted to become when I was about 4 years old. In hindsight, I'm surprised I actually knew the word "surgeon"!