Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Eldrin Cauthon is a girl from Emond's Field. Her parents are Abell and Natti Cauthon and her siblings are Mat and Bodewhin. Early in the summer of 999 NE, she is sixteen, about two years younger than Egwene. She is plumply pretty, wears her hair in a braid and has a grin similar to her sister's (TEotW, Ravens Prologue; TSR, Ch. 45).
- Eldrin, her mother, and her sister are present at the annual Shearing when Egwene is nine (TEotW, Ravens Prologue).
- Eldrin, Natti, and Bodewhin, as well as Alsbet and Haral Luhhan, are taken prisoner by the Whitecloaks and hauled off to their camp right under Watch Hill. Bran tells Perrin that they have not been harmed so far (TSR, Ch. 29). Perrin decides to free them, since he promised Mat he would look after his sisters (TSR, Ch. 30; Ch. 31).
- The prisoners are rescued by Perrin and the others. On their way out, her mother whispers calming words to Eldrin and Bode (TSR, Ch. 33).
- She and her sister feed Aram before he picks up the sword and leaves the Way of the Leaf (TSR, Ch. 45).
- Armed with a broad-pointed boar spear, she takes part in the battle against the Trollocs (TSR, Ch. 56).
- Eldrin and her sister were always very quick to tell on Mat when he was about to do something mischievous (TSR, Ch. 13).
- After he has been gone from home a while, Mat cannot remember the faces of his sisters clearly anymore (TSR, Ch. 13).
"Mama, Mat's in trouble again, Mat's doing what he shouldn't, Mama." (Mat remembers his sister shouting to their mother; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 13)
Another Trolloc lifted Bode Cauthon into the air by her braid; mouth wide in a terrified scream, she sank her wood-axe into its mailed shoulder just as her sister, Eldrin, thrust her boar spear through its chest and gray-braided Neysa Ayellin drove a thick butchering knife in as well. (Perrin; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 56)