Author: Nebka Galyn, October 2016
- Happy Halloween!!
My favorite time of year is Fall. I love all things Pumpkin Spice, cooler (but not cold) weather, and of course HALLOWEEN!!!
Today I will be sharing with you some ideas that I found:
- A simple Halloween porch light decoration.
- A fun Halloween themed appetizer.
- Some great ideas for Halloween costumes.
I love to save money so these ideas will be inexpensive and should be easy to do. I lead a chaotic life and don't have a ton of free time to be spending on decorating and party planning. I hope you find these things useful!
JACK O’LANTERN PORCH LIGHT
Thanks to Heidi over at Happiness Is Homemade for this great idea.
- Supplies Needed
- Pumpkin Trick-or-Treat Pail
- Utility Knife
- Zip Ties (or Wire)
Start with a plastic trick-or-treat pumpkin pail, and use a utility knife to cut off a portion of the back half. How much to cut and the shape to cut will be dependent on the shape/size of your light. Slip the pumpkin over the front of your light and use a zip tie or wire through the handle holes to attach it. So cute both day and night!
RECIPE: SPIDER WEB LAYERED DIP
Layered dip is easy to make and is a great snack to serve at a party. This spooky version is perfect for Halloween!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 container guacamole
- 1 plastic spider ring
- Heat up refried beans in a microwave bowl, until warm. Stir and spoon the beans onto your plate.
- Add guacamole into the center of the plate. Use a spoon to smooth it out.
- Place sour cream in a squeeze bottle (or a baggie with the corner snipped off). Put a dot of sour cream in the center of the guacamole. Then draw concentric rings with the sour cream, from the center to the outside edge of the guacamole.
- Using a chopstick, (or similar tool) pull it through the sour cream and guacamole, from the center to the outside edge, repeat all the way around. This will form the spider web pattern.
- Spoon the salsa onto the beans around the edges of the guacamole.
- Sprinkle the shredded lettuce onto the salsa.
- Next add the cheese layer.
- Using the squeeze bottle of sour cream, trace over the lines you drew in the sour cream and guacamole. Now your web will be more defined.
- Place a plastic spider ring into the middle of the web. Then add your black olive layer.
- Finish off your layer dip with diced tomatoes. Serve it immediately with tortilla chips.
7 Last-Minute Halloween Costumes Lurking Inside Your Closet
Thanks to ecouterre we have some fun and easy Halloween costume ideas.
1. BRAWNY MAN: a plaid shirt, jeans, a belt, work boots, and a roll of paper towels.
2. WHERE’S WALDO: Red-and-white striped shirt, Jeans, Red beanie, Black-rimmed glasses, Camera with strap, Cane (an umbrella would also work in a pinch)
3. CAT BURGLAR: Black-and-white striped shirt, Black leggings, Black beanie (with or without cut-outs for your eyes), Laundry bag for slinging over your shoulder, Bling
Head over to the site to see these awesome ideas and four others from ecouterre!!!
I hope you enjoy your Halloween and look forward to writing some more articles for you!