MM: Official Events
What are our official functions?
Our official functions fall into two categories: TarValon.Net Official Events (which we plan and execute) and TarValon.Net Conferences (which we attend and support but do not plan and execute). These functions are large scale events and are most easily compared to small fan conventions (or, in some cases, actually are fan conventions). Community Members who attend each event contribute to the cost of the events in the form of the ticket purchase. These events generally feature traditions including our traditional toast, membership ceremonies such as raisings and bondings, recognition awards, fundraisers, and competition for prizes.
- Our Official Events include
- Anniversary Party – typically held in the spring, this event is held in different locations in North America, utilizing a camp-style format
- EuroParty - usually held in the fall, held in either Europe or the United Kingdom, utilizes either a hotel-style or camp-style format
- Winter Tower Party Europe – A winter event held in Europe.
- Fall Ball – Autumn, held in North America. Generally involves going to a tourist-oriented location and staying in a hotel. This event moves around the continent.
- Tower Party Australia – Held in Australia during its summer when there is membership interest.
- Official Conferences are
- The Tower at JordanCon – A conference dedicated to Robert Jordan's works and related materials traditionally held in Atlanta, Georgia, on the third weekend in April. The Tower does not plan or execute this event, but our Community Members are often involved on many levels in helping this event be the best it can be.
Who can attend?
Anyone who has been a member in good standing of TarValon.Net for at least 2 months, is at least 18 years of age at the time of the event (although, if the event is being held in a country with a lower legal age of maturity, local laws will prevail), has shown significant maturity, and has gone through the process of being made real may attend a Tower Function. Members on probation are usually not allowed to attend functions. The Board of Directors reserves the right to extend or withhold invitations, including special invitations as needed. Community Members may also bring their significant others or family, if space allows, though it should be stressed that all events are aimed at adults.
Non-service pets are not allowed to attend Tower functions.
Expectations when attending Events
Members attending an official function are expected to behave in full accordance with the Code of Conduct. Members who fail to comply may be asked to leave the event and will not be granted a refund. If disciplinary action is needed at a real life event, it may result in suspension or termination of membership. Everyone should be a responsible guest, which means respecting personal property and space, as well as helping with set-up, clean-up, and costs. Underage drinking is not allowed, and illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Either will result in disciplinary action, up to and including your dismissal from the community.
TarValon.Net does not take responsibility for anyone, including his/her actions, safety, and possessions, who attends a function. All who attend take full responsibility for themselves and agree to hold TarValon.Net, Inc. and its administration, Officers, and Board of Directors harmless in the event of an unforeseen occurrence.
|< Events for Our Membership||up||Planning Official Events >|