Metarra din Junalle
From Tar Valon Library
(Redirected from Metarra)
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Metarra din Junalle is an apprentice Windfinder of the Atha'an Miere. She is plump yet solid with big eyes and only one gold ring in her left ear. She is as strong in the One Power as Elayne (TPoD, Ch. 2; Ch. 5).
- Although not directly mentioned by name, she is one of the twenty Windfinders to accompany Nynaeve and Lan to the Tarasin Palace as agreed to in the bargain with the Mistress of the Ships (ACoS, Ch. 37). On Renaile's agreement, the Windfinders are to accompany Elayne and Nynaeve wherever they will go to activate the Bowl of the Winds (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- Among the group of Windfinders, she rides through Aviendha's gateway, at the very end of the column with Talaan, from the Tarasin Palace to the Kin's farm (TPoD, Ch. 1; Ch. 2).
- When they arrive at the farm, the Windfinders are so bruised from riding that Nynaeve has to Heal them (TPoD, Ch. 4).
- Renaile names her to be part of the circle that activates the Bowl of the Winds (TPoD, Ch. 5).
- When the Seanchan attack the farm (TPoD, Ch. 6), she Travels with the others to Andor, riding toward Caemlyn (TPoD, Ch. 20), and eventually arrives at the Royal Palace (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- After learning of Nesta's death, the Sea Folk in the Royal Palace want to go to Illian immediately to elect a new Mistress of the Ships. Zaida bargains with Elayne and about who to leave in the Palace; as an apprentice, Metarra must return to her training and Travels with Zaida to Illian (CoT, Ch. 12).
- Elayne wonders whether she has reached her full potential (TPoD, Ch. 2).
- She isn't old enough to have earned what the Sea Folk call a "salt name" (TPoD, Ch. 5).
- When it is reported that Merilille and a woman of the Sea Folk left the palace during the night, Elayne thinks that if Merilille could convince Talaan or Metarra to join the Tower, she would be able to convince herself that taking them somewhere to be enrolled in the novice book is more important than her promise to teach the Windfinders (CoT, Ch. 14).