A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
Bakayar Mishima is a Captain of the Ever Victorious Army under Tylee Khirgan, in service of the Empress of Seanchan. He has yellow hair and half a dozen scars on his square face. To Perrin, he is a hard-bitten man who smells of amusement (KoD, Ch. 4).
- He accompanies Banner-General Tylee Khirgan to her meeting with Perrin. Both sides take more men along than agreed to. After Perrin convinces them that he means no harm, Tylee orders Mishima to sound withdrawal (KoD, Ch. 4).
- He accompanies Tylee and Perrin to the raken station at Almizar and the forkroot manufactory. There, he waits outside until Perrin and Tylee return. When Perrin is hit by an arrow, Tylee sends Mishima to examine the building where the archers shot from. He reports that they fell off the roof after poisoning themselves (KoD, Ch. 12).
- He supervises his soldiers as they empty the sacks of forkroot into the aqueduct near Malden. He also tells off some of his soldiers to grease the abandoned windmills. When Perrin leaves him to the task he tells him that Grady will take him back into his own camp (KoD, Ch. 26).
- He leads the Seanchan forces under Tylee Khirgan against the Shaido at Malden to free Faile, as agreed to with Perrin (KoD, Ch. 29).
- Grimacing, he looks fearsome (KoD, Ch. 4).
- Perrin thinks that Mishima's drawl is worse than Tylee's (KoD, Ch. 4).
- He read about a bloody battle in the histories of Seanchan where both sides had four hundred damane. More than half of the armies were destroyed messily. He mentions the story when Perrin mentions the Wise Ones with the Shaido (KoD, Ch. 4).
- He listens to a lot of rumors. He once heard of a woman who went mad inside the course of one hour, and everyone who touched her also went mad. Her whole village died inside of three days, excepting those who fled (KoD, Ch. 12).
- He does not like Hunters for the Horn, because they are making trouble wherever they are. On this note, he has heard that the Horn has already been found (KoD, Ch. 12).
He avoided looking at Perrin, whose golden eyes would be glowing in the night. That had made the scarred man jump the first time he saw it. He did not smell amused tonight. (Perrin on Mishima; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 26)