Author: Meilen Gevedon
Nalesean is a young Tairen nobleman who leads Tairen cavalry for Mat in the Band of the Red Hand while fighting the Shaido. Nalesean is from House Aldiaya (LoC, Ch. 5). He is described as a square-faced and blocky man (TFoH, Ch. 44). Nalesean also wears his beard oiled and trimmed to a point. He wears the common style of clothes for a Tairen nobleman, a coat with padded sleeves and gold trim buttoned up to his neck (LoC, Ch. 5). He is described as being relatively smart, but a bit overeager at times (LoC, Ch. 5). He also does not have any particular fondness for Aes Sedai, being Tairen (LoC, Ch. 22).
- Nalesean takes control of half of the Tairen cavalry when Melanril dies, and is with Mat shortly after while fighting the Shaido. Nalesean and Talmanes swear fealty to Mat after Mat leads them to victory (TFoH, Ch. 44; Ch. 45).
- After Rand orders Mat to go find Elayne, Mat orders Nalesean and the other commanders of the Band of the Red hand to prepare to leave (LoC, Ch. 33).
- Nalesean accompanies Elayne, Nynaeve, Birgitte, and Mat to Ebou Dar because he knows the city (LoC, Ch. 44).
- Nalesean is responsible for Olver's new hobby of horse racing (LoC, Ch. 52).
- Nalesean is with Mat when he sees the mysterious Darkfriend at the Silver Circuit (ACoS, Ch. 14).
- Nalesean, Mat, Birgitte, and Beslan are attacked by a group of supposed beggars who are actually Darkfriends, while on their way to the Kin house (ACoS, Ch. 29).
- Nalesean gives Elayne a confusing message that Mat found the Bowl of the Winds (ACoS, Ch. 30).
- Nalesean and Mat go with Elayne, Nynaeve, and company to go fetch the Bowl of the Winds. While there, Nalesean is killed by the gholam (ACoS, Ch. 38).
Mat regards Nalesean fairly highly, even though he thinks Nalesean is not quite as smart as his other generals, and thinks that Edorion is a better leader than Nalesean (LoC, Ch. 5). Mat also thinks that Nalesean is less annoying than many other nobles he has met (LoC, Ch. 47).
Mat thinks well enough of him that he calls out his name when fighting the gholam (ToM, Ch. 31)
Nalesean does not like being around Juilin because Juilin is a Tairen commoner (LoC, Ch. 47).
Nalesean and Talmanes do not really like each other (TFoH, Ch. 47).
Nalesean is fairly friendly with Beslan (ACoS, Ch. 37).
Elayne is not sure what to make of Nalesean because she cannot decide what he is actually trying to tell her when he comes with a message that the Bowl of the Winds has been found (ACoS, Ch. 29).
Lopin, Nalesean's personal servant, gets along well with him and is very upset when Nalesean is killed by the gholam (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- Nalesean is most commonly found talking about women (ACoS, Ch. 37).
- Nalesean has been to and knows about the city of Ebou Dar (LoC, Ch. 44).
"Even Nalesean only took one sip before asking for punch, and Nalesean would drink anything." (Mat, about who among the Band drank a very strong brandy; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 47)
"It was Nalesean who had entered Wind in two races, with Olver riding- boys did the riding here- and Mat not knowing a thing till it was done." (Mat, about Olver's horse racing; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 52)
"He was a lord, though not a bad fellow, really, and such things seemed important to him." (Mat, about Nalesean wanting to dance with a seamstress; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 14)
"Nalesean was scowling - doubtless he saw no honor in fighting beggars either--" (Mat, after the group is attacked by Darkfriend beggars; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 29)