Author: Atarah al'Norahn
She is plump with pale hair. She has a sharp nose and inquisitive looking eyes (ACoS, Ch. 26).
- After King Galldrian's death, Niande disappears (LoC, Ch. 25).
- Niande is in the rebel camp outside of Cairhien (ACoS, Ch. 35).
- When the fog descends on the camp, she flees with Rand, Min, Cadsuane, Samitsu, Darlin, Caraline and Toram (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- When Rand is injured by Padan Fain, Niande and Samitsu empty a wagon to take Rand back to the Sun Palace (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Niande listens to Min as she tells the story about Rand and the Tower Aes Sedai, and about Kiruna and the others swearing fealty to him. She and Samitsu look horrified when they learn that Rand stilled three sisters, and they both empty their bellies over the side of the wagon (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Niande accompanies Rand, Cadsuane and the others to the Sun Palace. She sits reading while they all wait for Rand to either die or wake up (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- When the Asha'man walk into the room, she drops her book and stares at them as if seeing the Dark One himself (ACoS, Ch. 36).
- Egwene thinks to herself that even before Niande disappeared after Galldrian's death, she had been all but invisible (LoC, Ch. 25).
- When she was advisor to Galldrian, Niande occasionally visited Lady Arilyn on her country estates (LoC, Ch. 25).
- On the ride to the Sun Palace, Niande and Samitsu do not appear to like bouncing around in the wagon; Caraline openly smiles at them, finding pleasure in watching Aes Sedai "riding rough" (ACoS, Ch. 36).
"Galldrian, the last King of Cairhien, had had an Aes Sedai advisor before he was assassinated. Niande Moorwyn had been all but invisible even before she disappeared following Galldrian's death, but one thing Egwene had learned was that she had occasionally visited the country estates of Lady Arilyn. Niande was a Gray." (Egwene; Lord of Chaos, Chapter 25).
"A circle, Cadsuane?" the Gray asked. Head turning this way and that to peer at the fog, she looked like a plump, pale-haired sparrow with her sharp nose and inquisitive eyes. Not a frightened sparrow, but one definitely ready to take wing. "Should we link?" (Niande; A Crown of Swords, Chapter 36).
"Niande's book thudded to the floor from apparently nerveless fingers; she stared at the three men in black coats as she would have at the Dark One himself. Pale-faced, Samitsu muttered something that sounded like a prayer." (A Crown of Swords, Chapter 36).