Publications Staff Manager
Chain of Command
The Publications Staff Manager reported to the Director of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Tar Valon Times staff, including keeping up with all articles set to be submitted, and communicating with staff about such articles throughout the creative process.
- Act as Assistant Editor of the Tar Valon Times.
- Act in an advisory role to the Editor-in-Chief.
- In the occasion of unexpected leave of absence, he/she would temporarily function as editor of the Tar Valon Times.
- Consult with the Director regarding all hiring within the Tar Valon Times.
- Contribute a minimum of one article for every bi-monthly issue, totaling six per year.
- Check the Department of Communications forum at least once daily (or notify the Editor-in-Chief of absence).
- Keep tabs on all articles, and file monthly report to the Director.
The position was created at the 2007 Admin Meeting, when it was decided to expand the duties of the Assistant Editor of the Tar Valon Times and transform the position to an Admin one.