The Tower in 2007
The major events at TarValon.Net in 2007.
- Main article: 2007 Annual Report
On September 16, 2007 Robert Jordan passed away. The Tower mourned together by reminiscing and sharing memories. Tower emails were switched to Google as a provider. The Library switched to a wiki format, and the Tar Valon Times began to be hosted on the TarValon.Net servers. The Courtyard forum was deleted due to its similarity to the Olde Warder and Hen.
- Main article: 2007 Admin Meeting
Major changes included splitting the Mistress of Novices to create a Mistress of Accepted position and splitting Captain of the Guard into Captain of Recruits and Captain of Soldiers. The Department of Membership Services became the Department of Community Development, with those aspects of the Department that focus on offline services became the new Department of Real Life Services. The Department of Community Development also gained two sub-areas with managers - Online Services and General Services. Meanwhile, the Department of Information Technology has been renamed to the Department of Technology. The Department of Moderators is created.
The position of Resident Citizen was created for those people who want to participate as members of the site, but do not wish to join the Tower. The test for becoming a Senior Member was changed to contain questions regarding the community and its policies and practices. Accepted/Soldiers can aspire after 6 weeks.
- Main article: 2007 Raisings
- Main article: 2007 Bondings
Fourteen couples bonded and eight couples dissolved their bonds.
- Main article: 2007 Demotions
Seven people demoted this year.
- Main article: 2007 Online Events
- Feast of Lights: Typically held during late December, specific dates unknown.
- Shaoman: This freeweek took place between October 27 and November 2.
- Main article: Anniversary Party 2007
March 16-19, held in Denver, Colorado. 83 people attended.
- Main article: Fall Ball 2007
October 12-15, held on a cruise to Ensenada, Mexico. This was the first and only party held on a cruise ship. 25 people attended.
- Main article: Summer Euro Party 2007
August 10-12, held in Driebergen, The Netherlands. 34 people attended.
- Main article: Aussie Party 2007
April 5-12, held in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. 7 people attended.
- Member of the Year: Dralyn Montsier
- Member of the Year: Zhareen Narelle
- Philanthropist of the Year: Tinnlin Fundon
- Philanthropist of the Year: Muerandah d'Acre
- Philanthropist of the Year: Martele d'Acre
- Members' Choice Awards
- Main article: Members' Choice Awards 2007
Fourteen awards were given out this year.
- Main article: Administrative and Staff Positions in 2007
Sela Narian became the Director of the Department of Communications on February 26. The Department of Community Development was led by Kariada Kunai from March 21 to April 21, and then by Darim Pelegro from April onward. On July 14, Valadilene Aldieb filled the new role of Mistress of Accepted and Doneavan al'Keavin of Captain of Soldiers. Melana al'Cairera became the Director of the Department of Moderators on November 21. Muirenn Lina Alianin became the Director of the Department of Real Life Services on March 21. Ismene Gillandred became the Director of the Department of Research on September 13. Zhareen Narelle became the Director of the Department of Technology on July 1.