From Tar Valon Library
Author: Toral Delvar
Brandelwyn (Bran) al'Vere is the innkeeper of the Winespring Inn, in Emond's Field in the Two Rivers region of Andor. He is also the mayor, a position he has held for 20 years (TEotW, Ch. 1). Bran is a large man, with nearly twice the girth of anyone else in the village, but for all that, he has a lightness to his step (TEotW, Ch. 1). He is nearly bald, with a sparse fringe of grey hair (TSR, Ch. 29).
- He welcomes Perrin back to the Two Rivers and explains what has been happening, including telling him of the death of his family (TSR, Ch. 29).
- Bran discusses the defense of Emond's Field with Perrin and the Village Council (TSR, Ch. 53).
- He takes charge of the northern defenses during the final battle against the Trollocs (TSR, Ch. 56).
Bran is married to Marin al'Vere.
- He keeps a team of six massive Dhurrans that he hires out to farmers for when their own horses are insufficient (TEotW, Ch. 7).
- He owns one of the few clocks in Emond's Field (TSR, Ch. 29).
- He had been murdered by Malena during Nynaeve's second time through the arches in her testing for Accepted (TGH, Ch. 23).
- When Perrin is thinking about renouncing being a lord, he wonders if Bran would be offered the role instead, and if he would turn it down (ToM, Ch. 16).
"I'm an old fool, and losing my wits. There's a chance Rand, if you're willing to take it. I can't tell you to do it and I don't know if I'd have the nerve, if it were me." (To Rand, about asking Moiraine to heal Tam; The Eye of the World, Chapter 7)
"You led us to a great victory, boy." (To Perrin, after the first Trolloc attack was defeated; The Shadow Rising, Chapter 44)