|Join Date||December 5, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: December 5, 2004
- Joined Tower: February 18, 2005
- Raised Accepted: May 30, 2005
- Aspired to the White Ajah:
- Raised Aes Sedai: September 22, 2006
- Guildmaster of the Tailors Guild: September 28, 2007 - April 2, 2008
- Soul of the White Ajah: June 1, 2006 - September 30, 2006
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Anniversary Party 2005 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2011 - Charleston, South Carolina, USA
- Dragon*Con 2007 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Senior Member Interview
February 14, 2008
- Why did you choose White?
I'm just white. :p It's hard to say precisely, but I just identify myself as white. I'm very logical, and somewhat drawn in. After realizing that all Ajah's had wonderful people I felt at home around, my decision became more about what Ajah I identified myself with. I'm just white. Hard to explain really.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
Well, White in the books seem to be a bit... exaggerated in their attitudes. I enjoy academic discussions very much, which the Whites in the book. I'm not evil, which most of the whites in the book are :p But the books Whites are given so little attention or description besides "they are cold and logical". I'm not cold, but I am logical.
- Are you like a rock and have a serene face all the time?
Not at all! Logic doesn't have to mean lack of emotion. Anyone who's met me in real life will tell you I can't stop smiling if I try. I'm very expressive; I find it makes life much more enjoyable. Every moment is better if you are smiling.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
Great! I was really really quiet on the boards as a citizen/novice. Mostly hung out in Current Events, a forum I now avoid like the plague. I didn't really know quite what the Tower was like though, or feel quite comfortable at lower membership levels, until I went to a real life event. Meeting people made me much more comfortable on and off the board.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I don't currently hold any administrative positions at TV.net
- How did you get to read the Series?
A friend of mine shoved the first book at me in high school. She never finished the series, I read it about once a year lol.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Egwene *late* in the series. Definitely not her in the start. Mat rocks a lot too. Favorite nation would be Malkier.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Many. Real Life Functions are the best part of the Tower for me. I've made friends here, and RL events are ways to see tons and tons of them for a weekend or so. And it's an experience unlike any other, being surrounded by fellow Tower members. It's the best way to get to know members on the site, and you get to know a lot of members that have a very small presence on the boards but come to many RL events.
- What kind of music do you like?
Classic. Country. Soft Rock. Mostly classic cello pieces.
- What are your favorite movies?
Boondock Saints! The Shawshank Redemption. Indiana Jones. Lord of the Rings. Silence of the Lambs. Rosemary's Baby.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
With only $900 in my pocket, and a car full of stuff, I moved across the country with no place to live lined up, and no job lined up. And it rocked!
- What job do you have?
- Do you have a pet?
I've got a lab that lives with my parents across the country cause my apartment complex won't let me have big dogs. I've got a miniature pincher living with me. They both rock, I couldn't live without em.
- What languages do you speak?
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a Supreme Court Justice. Heh. Still would be really cool, but I don't have the patience for stupid laws that any judge needs.
- Randland or our world?
Our world. We may not have channeling, and they have a culture that is highly romanticized. But we have freedom, and good communication and access to information that allows the spreading of knowledge that people in Randland couldn't imagine.
- Alviarin or Seaine?
Seaine, once I remembered who she was.
- Books or movies?
Books. Movies are amazing, and I love movie adaptations of books, but nothing compares to reading a book, and letting your imagination be the limit.
- Candles or lamps?
Lamps. Candles can burn you, and are easier to knock over and burn stuff with.
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm 21. I'm a college student, but I'm currently between schools. Studying math teaching. I spend most of my free time writing a book (on Nietzsche in pop culture), playing WoW (yes, I'm an addict), or crafting (currently working on a embroidered blanket, quite a huge project). I used to read a lot, but my vision sucks now, and reading gives me horrible headaches, so I don't read as much.