From Tar Valon Library
|Join Date||July 23, 2004|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: July 23, 2004
- Joined Tower: January 7, 2005
- Raised Accepted: September 29, 2005
- Aspired White: January 13, 2009
- Raised Aes Sedai: February 13, 2010
- Soul of the White Ajah: October 1, 2009 - January 31, 2010
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
Kaileena Admar, Senior Member Interview, April 20, 2010
- Why did you choose White?
Even before joining the site, I always felt very strongly connected to the Whites of the series. I admired their dedication to serene logic and reason. When I found the Whites here, they were nothing like the cold, heartless Whites of the books, however. They're a warm, caring group of women with a great collective sense of humour. I know everyone says this, but they felt like home.
- Are you like the Whites in the Books?
Not at all! I'm possibly the least serene White you could ever find. I can hold the Aes Sedai stare for maybe 10 seconds before bursting into laughter. And I don't feel as though I'm as cold or dedicated to reason over emotion as they are, since I'm admittedly ruled by my heart more often than my head.
- Are you like a rock and have a serene face all the time?
It's almost impossible for me to stay serene looking, unless I'm plotting and don't want to arouse suspicion.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I quiet enjoyed being a Citizen. I loved the Apartments and the freedoms to post. But alas, all my friends were up and leaving me for the Tower, so I followed along. I was a pretty quiet Novice, only getting in trouble once. We we just trying to be helpful and brighten up a few days, I swear! *shifty look* And I was one of the Eternal Accepteds due to a rather long period of being LOA/MIA.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I lurk :D
- How did you get to read the Series?
My grade 8 teacher had a copy of The Eye of The World in our classroom library. It was long and promised to occupy me for more than a night like most of the books in the room. And then after that, I broke down and ordered the rest of the series online.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Mat! He knows what needs to be done, and he gets around to them in his own time, 'cause doing them on *their* time gets in the way of his fun. Love him. And I'd have to say the Aiel, just because they're pretty badass and have managed to survive everything that gets thrown their way, including being stuck in the Waste. *nods* Tough and badass, but with a touch of hardcore dedication to their culture and their people.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I've never been to any :(
- What kind of music do you like?
Everything. Literally. I'm never without music. Though I'm most partial to rock, alt rock, screamo, and electronic.
- What are your favorite movies?
Way too many to name, though I suppose Fight Club and Kill Bill (both volumes) top the list.
- What job do you have?
University student. It doesn't pay too well ;)
- Do you have a pet?
I am the proud auntie of a Shi Tzu- Poodle mix puppy named Bernard. He is the light of my life, and the occasional bane of my existence.
- What languages do you speak?
English and French (though not as fluently as I once did).
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
An astronaut, a lawyer, or an archaeologist.
- Randland or our world?
Our world. Gotta loves me our technology.
- Alviarin or Seaine?
Alviarin. Just 'cause I like her, even if she is evil.
- Books or movies?
Depends on my mood, though books usually win out in the end.
- Candles or lamps?
Lamps. I don't trust open fire.
- A short bio about yourself.
I'm currently a university student in a honours double major program for Sociology and Feminist Theory (Women's Studies). I like Italian food, tattoos, high heels, and plants that are easy to grow. I don't like long walks on the beach, because I detest the feeling of sand in my shoes, though it's a completely different story if I can go barefoot. My favourite colour is blue, my favourite author is James Joyce, and the best feeling in the world is grass beneath my feet. I believe life is too short to take everything seriously, though you should still make it all worth the while.