From Tar Valon Library
Author: Toral Delvar
Lopin is a stout serving man who was Nalesean's manservant (LoC, Ch. 44). Like Nalesean, he is Tairen and is round, dark and balding and normally almost as solemn as Nerim, though this is immediately after Nalesean's death (ACoS, Ch. 39). However, he is also described as having a round belly always shaking with laughter (WH, Ch. 18). He has a long beard, reaching almost to his chest (KoD, Ch. 8).
- Mat takes him on after Nalesean's death (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- After Mat takes him on, he takes on Nerim's demeanour, but improves after a few weeks (WH, Ch. 17).
- He puts on weight in the Tarasin Palace (WH, Ch. 30).
- When he leaves Ebou Dar, Mat sends Lopin ahead (WH, Ch. 30).
- Although not mentioned by name at the time, he is most likely with the Band during the final confrontation with the Seanchan (KoD, Ch. 37).
- He is competitive with Nerim over who can serve their master best (LoC, Ch. 47).
- He is able to drink heavily and still be fine the next morning (ACoS, Ch. 28).
- He is vain over his ability to find delicacies when there are none (KoD, Ch. 8).
"Skinny and stout, they managed to sound like echoes" (Mat about Nerim and Lopin Lord of Chaos, Chapter 47).
"Come along, Nerim. Lord Mat wants us to get drunk, and you are getting drunk with me if I have to sit on you and pour brandy down your throat" (Knife of Dreams, Chapter 10).