|Join Date||January 21, 2006|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: January 21, 2006
- Joined Tower: March 10, 2006
- Raised Accepted: June 7, 2006
- Raised Aes Sedai: January 6, 2007
- Sitter for the Brown Ajah: Spring 2008
- Chat Operator: September 17, 2007 - unknown
- Manager of Online Services: February 27, 2007 - August 25, 2008
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
January 29th 2008
- Why did you choose Brown?
I have thought of myself as Brown ever since I first read the series years before I found Tar Valon.net. As a Brown, I can explore all my other Ajah Stripes while still remaining true to the Brown Ajah.
- Are you like the Browns in the Books?
I think I'm a lot like Verin. I'm not one to remain buried in a dusty library... I want the knowledge I gain to be shared and used to benefit others. To me, that's what really makes me Brown. Learning serves no purpose if its not shared with others.
- Do you love books and do you daydream a lot?
I love books... but as the mom of 2 special needs kids, there isn't much time for day-dreaming! *giggle*
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
I loved the time I spent on the site before I was Raised to the Shawl. I made many lasting friendships - both inside and outside the Brown Ajah. Having to spend time learning about this community and its members has helped prepare me for what I am now doing as an Aes Sedai.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
I am currently Online Services Manager, an IRC op in #wheel, and Chair of the Brown's IRC Activities Committee. I also hold the distinction of being the Debate Master of Tar Valon... an honor I won while still an Accepted.
- How did you get to read the Series?
While I was a junior in college, a friend loaned me the first book... and I've been reading them ever since.
- To whom are you bonded, if you're bonded?
I am currently not bonded here at Tar Valon.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
Jaydena is my current mentee. I am also Big Sister to Muerandah.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Egwene and Verin are my favorite characters. My favorite nation is Andor.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
Sadly, I have not had the opportunity to attend a RL Tar Valon function. I think these functions are very important to the life of our community. By meeting people in RL, we strengthen and enhance the connections we've made with each other online.
- What kind of music do you like?
All sorts of music... its easier to say what I don't like rather than what I like!
- What are your favorite movies?
Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, (see a theme here folks?), LOTR... and lots of modern day movies too. I look for movies that have a real plot, ones I can connect to.
- What is the craziest/stupidest thing you've ever done?
Well, this is something my whole family did when I was about 11 yrs old. We moved our entire family plus my uncle's family from Rhode Island to Florida using a single standard truck with a cap over the bed and a towed U-Haul. This is crazy when you consider that my family had my two parents, my five siblings and myself... and my uncle's family was himself, his pregnant wife and his daughter. That's 4 adults and 7 kids... all crammed into a single truck. My uncle was the only person who had a driver's license. He sat up front with my father. The rest of us sat in the bed of the truck under the cap. No seat belts. CRAZY!!
- What job do you have?
I am self-employed and mom of 2 kids. With my husband, I run a computer consulting business. By myself, I am a dressmaker. I also manage a blown-glass gallery during the summer and fall months.
- Do you have a pet?
Not currently. In the past, we have had cats and ferrets.
- What languages do you speak?
English is my primary language. I know a bit of Spanish. I am currently learning ASL (American Sign Language) so I can better communicate with my hearing-impaired daughter.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut. I actually cried when my 3rd grade teacher told me about Sally Ride being selected as the first female astronaut!
- Seanchan or Shara?
- Verin or Adeleas?
- Board games or computer games?
Both. I love playing board games with friends and family. For games I play by myself I love computer games.
- Coke or Pepsi?
Pepsi - unless its cherry. Then its Cherry Coke. Or unless its with rum... gotta use Coke for that! Pepsi is too sweet to mix well with rum.
- A short bio about yourself.
Born in Walpole, Massachusetts in late 1972. Moved to Rhode Island when I was 9, Moved to Florida when I was 11. Stayed in Florida until I graduated from high school in 1991. Saw Challenger blow up in 1986. Moved to Wisconsin to go to college in fall, 1991. Graduated in summer, 1995 with a BS in Meteorology and Computer Information Sciences (double major). Married my husband in August, 1996. My son, Anakin, arrived in August, 1998 and my daughter Marinna in November, 2002. I have five siblings - an older sister, an older brother, two younger brothers and a younger sister.