Osaka ni Demae t'al'Caarn
From Tar Valon Library
|Osaka ni Demae t'al'Caarn|
|Join Date||November 23, 2003|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: November 23, 2003
- Joined Tower: March 11, 2004
- Raised Accepted: October 28, 2004
- Raised Aes Sedai: March 12, 2005
- Camigwen Tah'Sien
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
- Euro Party 2004 - Tampere, Finland
- Euro Party 2005 - Gothenburg, Sweden
- Summer Euro Party 2006 - Skipton, Yorkshire, England
Senior Member Interview
May 16, 2010
- When were you raised to Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah?
I honestly wouldn't know. I got raised Accepted on 28 October 2004, and accepted in the Red the next day. As far as I know I've only been Accepted a short while so somewhere soon after I'd say. In a way being Aes Sedai was less important to me then being home.
- Why did you choose Red?
It chose me. I had been hanging out a lot while I was a citizen, and then when I joined the Tower I became a roomie with Morwyna, who also had very red tendencies, and both of us had red mentors. In a way the other Ajahs might as well not have existed, Red has always been home for me. The women in it are as amazing as they are diverse, yet in a way still the same in so many ways.
- Are you like the Red in the Books?
Well I don't hate men for one, but I do feel like I will do what is needed, even if that makes me weird or an outcast; if I find it important enough; which, I believe, is one of the biggest treats of the Reds in the books, even the annoying, idiot ones.
- How was your time as Citizen/Novice/Accepted?
very calm. While being citizen my Übersheep Betsy would occasionally cause trouble by eating furniture in the Appartments but other then that I've always been a calm, rule-abiding person. Think I've only once been sent to the Mistress of Novices under all the time I've been novice/accepted (and I've been novice for almost a year )
- How long have you been a member of TV.net?
Since September or October 2003 if I remember correctly; so that'd be six and a half yearS about now.
- What things do you do for TV.net?
Not quite as much as I probably should. I serve as Sitter for the hall when asked to... I think that's just about it.
- Should we be scared because you're Red?
Yes. Unless you bribe me with handcuffs.
- How did you get to read the Series?
A friend of mine mentioned them once, and another one did so too a few years later and we started talking about it; so I went to look it up at the library and got hooked
- If Reds could have bonded, do you think you would have?
No. I have my Sisters.
- Who is your mentee, if you have one?
Camigwen Tah'Sien. Although I believe she's not around a lot any more.
- Who is your favorite character of the Series? Favorite Nation?
Nynaeve i think. and nation would have to be the Athan'Miere, if they count as one.
- Have you ever attended any Real Life Functions? Did you like them if you did, and why? (Why do you think people should come to any future functions?)
I've been to a number of them before money became an issue, and loved every single one of them. They are an amazing way to put a face on people you know so well yet never met before. oh and you might meet others you've never talked to on the boards but who can turn out to become amazing friends or more.
- What kind of music do you like?
Most things, depending on mood. the only things I don't really like are heavy metal and stuff like that
- What are your favorite movies?
Love Actually and Pretty Woman. In general romantic comedies / chickflicks. what? *snif* *tug* *glare*
- What job do you have?
I'm an office administrator at a company that provides Personal Assistants to people with disabilities.
- Do you have a pet?
Björn, my cat, is my Lord and Master *grovels*
- What languages do you speak?
Native: Dutch fluent: English & Swedish needs refreshment: French learned once and am supposed to understand: German & Spanish understand a word or TWO: Russian & japanese
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
- Elaida or Pevara?
honestly... ask a decent question. Elaida might have had decent intentions but is a complete tool. Elaida or Else might have been a decent question, they're at least somewhat of a similar level. so obviously Pevara; if only to show that Red does not only contain idiots and darkfriends.
- Shadar Logoth or Manetheren?
- Roses or Lilies?
- Dogs or cats?
- A short bio about yourself.
Not that there's much to say.... My RL name is Tessa, but i respond as easilly to Osaka; I'm about 26 and was born in Belgium but am now living in Sweden with an amazing guy -Melvar al'Caarn of DM- and a gorgeous cat. I enjoy going out for walks, in-line or bike tours and try to go to the gym twice a week. I love to read and will play WoW in my spare time. I'm an oddball once you get to know me, though I'll try not to let you notice too much. Unless I want to scare you :D